1929Re: Compiling Samba 3.0.13 on the Linkstation

  • Frenchy
    Apr 5, 2005
      If you are compiling Samba, use the correct default paths:

      These two path seem wrong to me:
      lockdir=/mnt2/ram/var/run/
      piddir=/mnt2/ram/var/run/

      Should be:
      piddir=/var/run/
      (??lockdir=/var/run/ ??)
      You can override these path in your init script or cmd line -

      Interested about sharing the 3.0.13 binaries in the file section?
      That would be nice.
      Sam.
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "whoisnader"
      <whoisnader@h...> wrote:

      > Success, managed to get samba 3.0.13 compiled and working along
      with
      > swat.
      >
      > All is well accept for one little problem. When I enable the trash
      > can facility, it denies access to the shares. I am thinking that
      > this has something to do with the way I compiled samba given that
      > recycle.so is compiled into the /usr/local/samba/lib drectory but
      > samba is assigning the /usr/lib/samba directory.
      >
      > This sounds a lot like what you have discussed below but remember
      > that I am a newbie and I need a little more detail.
      >
      > Here are the configure parameters that I used:
      >
      > --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-privatedir=/etc/samba/ --with-
      > lockdir=/mnt2/ram/var/run/ --with-piddir=/mnt2/ram/var/run/
      >
      > Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jceklosk"
      > <jceklosk@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I used the binaries from the kurbox site:
      > >
      > > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads.html
      > >
      > > (click on binaries)
      > >
      > > Note, my approach for this build environment may seem a little
      > > backwards, but does work well, though you will run into issues
      > > locating some shared libs from the dev binaries. To get around
      > this
      > > copy them to /usr/local/lib (create this) and export
      > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib.
      > >
      > > I have built the latest rsync, samba, apache all this way.
      > >

      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "whoisnader"
      > > <whoisnader@h...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This is fantastic;
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for all that. One more thing, which specific compiler
      > > > binaries did you unarchive?
      > > >

      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jceklosk"

      > to NOT
      > files in