1905Re: SlimServer 6.0 - Installation Issues

  • rod_tucker
    Apr 1, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bubba" <bubba@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Has anybody successfully installed SlimServer 6 on the LinkStation?
      I'm
      > running version 5.4, and I've upgraded Perl to version 5.8, but no
      matter
      > what I try, SlimServer 6 won't run (it complains of missing, dependent
      > files, namely "Storable.pm").
      >
      > I've tried going through various how-to's online with no success, and
      I've
      > tried installing the LinkStation binaries. Anybody have any ideas?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Mil.

      I had exactly the same problem when I tried this about a week ago. I
      eventually gave up on Slimserver 6 and tried the the daily updated beta
      version instead. It loaded OK and works just fine.

      Rod Tucker
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic