187Re: [LinkStation_General] Things not working in V1.44 firmware?

  • Derek Taubert
    Nov 4, 2004
      On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 06:52:06PM +0000, David Walters wrote:
      > (I've just upgraded mine to 1.44 so I'm only just beginning to look
      > around...)
      >
      > On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:08:12AM -0800, Rick Flower wrote:
      > > > There's also a problem with the timezones during DST times
      > > > (advancing the local timezone by one) and NTP and setting the time
      > > > from the PC's clock. It's ok now but only until the first week of
      > > > April ;-)
      > >
      > > I believe that the time is set via a cron job as I see occasional lines in
      > > the system logs indicating that
      >
      > There is a cronjob but it seems a little broken.
      >
      > The Web interface has a "Synchronized Interval" setting which claims
      > to allow you to set the clock to update every n hours. In reality it
      > creates a cronjob which will be called at n hours (so at 6am rather
      > than 4 times a day every 6 hours):
      >
      > root@links:/etc# crontab -l
      > 00 6 * * * /etc/cron.d/ntpdate
      >
      > The ntpdate script itself doesn't actually work on mine, it requires
      > a /etc/timezone which doesn't exist.
      >
      > Commenting out the line where it tries to execute /etc/timezone seems
      > to do no harm but then I live in GMT.

      I just did an "echo -n > /etc/timezone" to get mine going.

      Although this will help, the box has a fairly nasty clock drift (enough
      for make to complain about creation times on a daily basis). ntpd would
      be a much better solution...

      Here's another bug, but in /www/script/set_hdd_format.sh and
      /www/script/set_hdd_format_usb.sh:

      VOL=`data '+%Y/%m/%d_%H:%M'`

      data should be date...

      Derek