177Re: Linkstation and slimserver - idiots guide??

  • jamy1975
    Nov 3, 2004
      I can help you a bit. I finally got slimserver working on mine after
      many tries. I will tell you, that if you are wanting support for
      anything other than mp3 and wav files, I have not been able to get it
      working as of yet. I am working on it though.

      Jamy

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Mr Sam Weiss
      <artagesw@y...> wrote:
      > Dave,
      >
      > I have slimserver running on my LinkStation and have
      > kept track of most of the steps. But it isn't yet in
      > any kind of "fool-proof howto guide."
      >
      > Are you starting completely from scratch? That is, an
      > out-of-the-box LinkStation? Or have you gotten to the
      > point where you have root access to the box?
      >
      > Sam
      >

      > --- david6736 <dave.ampaw@b...> wrote:
      >

      > > I have looked at the slimsevices forums carefully
      > > and here and am not really any clearer as
      > > to the various steps in the procedure to get slim
      > > server running on my linkstation - I am
      > > obviously a real idiot so please bear with me.
      > >
      > > Is there a novice (never done any hacks before)
      > > guide to achieving this which is at least
      > > 95%+ foolproof with clear comprehensive instructions
      > > as to what to do at each stage right
      > > through to the end?
      > >
      > > I really want to achieve smooth operation of my
      > > squeezebox and linkstation w/o having to
      > > keep my ailing ibook on all the time.
      > >
      > > Any help would be very much appreciated

      > Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      > www.yahoo.com