1587Re: Slimserver startup file settings

  • born_daniel
    Mar 2, 2005
      Hi Bruce,

      I'm the one who wrote this file... I created a "slimserver" user
      especially for this application. If you don't want to bother (or at
      least not at the beginning_, just specify "root" or otherwise simply
      remove everything related to SLIMSERVER_USER in the script (including
      command line parameters if any).

      To be able to run slimstart from anywhere, you must add a softlink to
      the real script in a directory pointed by the PATH environment
      variable (env | grep PATH). I think either /usr/bin
      or /usr/local/bin...? (I don't have access to my LS right now...)

      Regards,
      Daniel

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "brc_pringle"
      <brucepringle@h...> wrote:

      > quick question - could someone please tell me what I should be
      putting
      > in the SLIMSERVER_USER = ".." section of the slimserver startup
      file.

      > I'm also getting the error 'command not found' when I type slimstart
      > in the command line.
      >
      > this is probably blindingly obvious ! many thanks
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic