1059Re: slimserver startup script available here!

  • jackfikkers
    Jan 23, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
      <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Daniel,
      Thanks for the script. I tried it right away, without any luck though.
      My slimserver.pl file resides in
      /usr/local/slimserver/SlimServer_v5.4.0 so that is what I changed in
      SLIMSERVER_HOME.
      I can't find the "slimserver.conf" file in /etc. But I found a
      ".slimserver.pref" in /root. What does that one do?
      Furthermore the slimserver.log doesn't exist as well in /tmp.
      The /var/lock/subsys/slimserver and /etc/opt slim.disable are missing to.
      The symbolic links in rc2.d and rc6.d are there after I created them.

      I can still start the slimserver by typing:
      perl slimserver.pl after I cd to /usr/local/slimserver/SlimServer_v5.4.0

      So thanks for the help but I not there yet.
      It is probebly something silly I am overseeing but I'm not much of
      linux man yet. But I will get there somehow.

      Jack

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic