LingPipe 2.3.1 released

  • Bob Carpenter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Here's the detail, from the home page announcing the
      new release:

      Maintenance Release

      The latest release of LingPipe is LingPipe 2.3.1. This is a
      maintenance release replacing 2.3.0. It patches all bugs that have
      been reported to us, and includes a few new features.

      New Classes 2.3.1

      dict.ExactDictionaryChunker:
      There's an exact dictionary chunker in the <code>dict</code> package
      that uses Aho-Corasick to find all chunks in linear time independent
      of dictionary size.

      xml.XHtmlWriter:
      There's an XHTML output formatter in the <code>xml</code> package. This
      builds in support for most of the elements in XHTML and most of their
      common arguments.

      util.ObjectToDoubleMap:
      There's a new object to (mutable) double map in <code>util</code> that
      is very similar to our object to counter map.

      New Sandbox Projects

      There are several new projects in the sandbox, including our
      Biocreative 2 entity recognition entry, word sense disambiguation for
      Senseval 3, XHTML document object model, and UIMA adapters.

      Bug Fixes

      This release patched a bug in keyword list extraction in the MEDLINE
      parser. It also patched a major issue with thread safety in the
      bounded priority queues. You'll also find some minor changes in APIs
      driven from some of our applications if you look hard enough.

      Xerces 2.8.1 and Lucene 2.0

      This release updates dependent libraries. The major change is
      the move to Lucene 2.0 in the demos. The upgrade to Xerces 2.8.1 from
      2.7.1 is minor.

      - Bob Carpenter
      Alias-i