Todd the Terminator

  • nickdembla
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2008
      How are you doing Todd? When are you coming back?
    • Vick, Todd
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 23, 2008
        Thanks for asking.

        I just got clearance on Friday to resume "normal" activities.  My physical therapist has been extremely conservative over the past six weeks which was beginning to get annoying (he said it would still be multiple months before resuming normal activities).  I went to the doctor on Friday for my 6-week checkup and he said I was fine.  That's called a trump card.  So we are no longer listening to the physical therapist.

        The doctor did have a little good news, bad news, though.  The good news is that such a large piece of my disk came out that it was unlikely that I would injure myself again - there simply isn't that much disk left to come out.  The bad news is that over time this may lead to increasing pain as the vertebrae begin to grind together (without the "inflated" disk to cushion them).  It's 50-50 that I will need a disk replacement or fusion over the next 20 years.  Fortunately, he did not say that I should discontinue all activity.  He suggested that I simply do things more in moderation.  (I assume he was talking about physical activities, but I guess this could apply to all aspects of life.  I'll keep that in mind at our next happy hour.)  He also said that I should work myself back in and listen to my body.

        Bottom line is that I feel good.  I still have some weakness in my left foot that is preventing me from running hard and cutting down on my coordination.  I hope to be back out there soon at least hitting the ball.  Once I start playing again, it will likely not be the 3 times per week that I have done in the past, but maybe once a week or twice every three weeks.

        Again, thanks for asking.  I look forward to getting back on the court soon.

        Todd

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 24, 2008

          Glad to hear you feeling better man!

            Nick Dembla
            President/ Broker
            Direct: 214.802.NICK(6425)
            Fax/ Office: 214.233.3060
            zrealtydallas.com
            nick@...

          "Covering your real estate needs from A to Z"

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 25, 2008

            GLAD YOU ARE DOING BETTER,REGARDS
            BERNARDO BEHRENS