Help needed to find Portuguese vocabulary for contingencies

  • fkcurtis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2009
      Hello all
      I am working with a a little Brazilian boy and we are having difficulty choosing vocab for bumps/stutters in Portuguse that the mother feels comfortable to use.
      The mum feels that the word for stutter is "not a nice word" (guagueira) and that the word for "bump" can only relate to roads!
      She is leaning towards the word "trip" (tropecando) but seems uncertain.
      We are using a direct translation for smooth talking (falando suave) and good talking (falande bem) and that seems to be going well.
      Let me know if you have worked in Portuguese and found certain vocabulary effective.
      Many thanks
      Fiona
      LP practitioner in private practice in the Netherlands
    • artiql8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2009
        What about "choppy" or "wavey?"