USEFUL INFORMATIONS FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT

  • RANJEET KUMAR
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2005

      USEFUL BOOKS & TIPS FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT (NEW MAIL)

       “COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION ABOUT USEFUL BOOKS FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT”(+ PRICES+ CONTACTS)”

      Hello Dear,

       I am Ranjeet Kumar from Pakistan, member of this PWS group. I have also suffered a lot by this condition but now I am confidant that the day is near in future when I will be fluent as non-stutterers because I have got many useful informations about some very good books available through internet after months of mental hard work & efforts that help stutterers being fluent and now I want to share that information with other fellow stutterers so that maximum benefit can be obtained from my knowledge by other stutterers.

      The Titles, Prices (excluded postage charges) & Contacts of the books are mentioned below:

      (RANKED ACCORDING TO USEFULLNESS)

      1)…..I have been following the therapy for last few months and have noticed significant improvement in my speaking ability. The book consists of very very good SPEECH THERAPY  “Comprehensive Stuttering Therapy” (costing $34.95) available AT www.stuttering.ch

      (U CAN CONTACT THE AUTHOR THROUGH CONTACT BOX GIVEN ON  WEBSITE )

      According to one independent analysis given on this independent web site for stuttering http://www.stuttering.net/stuttering-therapies.html#stuttering%20self%20therapy this is THE BEST book available on Internet for Stuttering Speech Therapy and this book is prepared by getting only useful material from some of the books mentioned below & from other resources.

      I am also giving you guarantee that you will see the difference if you read & follow each and every line of the book as Geeta/ Quran/ Bible (as holy book of stuttering).

      I would strongly recommend you to get this book as early as you can and follow thoroughly.

      2)…. 2 VERY CHEAP BOOKS from "STUTERING FOUNDATION OF AMERICA" a non-profit organization working for stuttering, web sites "www.stutteringhelp.org & www.tartamudez.org (Spanish web site)

      (E-MAIL:  stutter@... / info@... (Gen. info) )

      These websites consist of many books, brochure and videos on stuttering. Books are very cheap I mean 2 books of good quality for only $ 5. The books are very useful. Names of the books are:

      1.Self-Therapy for the stutterer-by Malcolm Fraser-10th Edition (pages 158)

      2.advice for Those who stutter-2nd Edition (pages 192)

       (These books are also available in these languages as well : Spanish, Flemish, German, Italian, Japanese, Swedish, French,Vietnamese, Lithuanian, Korean, Chinese, Cambodian, Danish, Arabic,Icelandic, Hindi, Finnish, Persian, Zulu, Czech, Slovak, and Russian.)

      3)… A Manual (Book) naming {“I Conquered My Stutter” The Anti-Stuttering Manual With Easy-to-Follow Guidance To Help You “Conquer Your Stutter” too.}

       (costing $19.95) .The book is prepared by an ex-stutter who got rid of stuttering by his personal developed therapy & now has made this book after positive result from his personal experience.

                  “ WITH 90 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE “

       Web site:: www.iconqueredmystutter.com

       (e-mail: dbw79@...)

      4)..Another way of getting rid off stuttering is by "RE-PROGRAMMING STUTTERING MIND” I came to know about this by an ex-stutterer who strongly recommended to read a new book by Bob Bodenhammer, titled “MASTERING BLOCKING & STUTTERING” (208 pages) (COSTING =25 Pounds) using neurosemantic techniques - available through www.crownhouse.co.uk   (E-MAIL: books@...  / info@...)

      Description of the book is given http://www.neurosemantics.com/Stuttering/book/index.htm

      E-MAIL OF THE AUTHOR: bbodenhammer@...

      Who also referred to visit www.neurosemantics.com 'Neurosemantics' Neurosemantics is a close relative of NLP.

      Website contains information about many books on stuttering, many FREE Articles on stuttering treatment etc. & many more informations about other personal development ways.

      He personally got rid off stuttering by techniques given in a book "neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) - a good book on NLP for personal development is 'NLP: The new technology of achievement' by Andreas & Faulkner – www.amazon.com (costing $10.85) http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0688146198

       / www.nlpco.com ($14.95)

      5)…..A book by William D. Parry  naming “Understanding & Controlling Stuttering: A Comprehensive New Approach based on the Valsalva Hypothesis” 2nd Edition (COSTING $25)

      which is available at  www.Amazon.com./ www.barnesandnoble.com / www.nsastutter.org

      (E-MAILS:  valsalvastutter@... // info@...)

      Author’s Personal Articles on the book http://www.valsalva.org/jfd.htm

      6)…A Book by DR. MARTIN F. SCHWARTZ available FREE of cost www.stuttering.com .The name of the book is  “ STUTTER NO MORE”.

      Read these chapter 1s, I mean more useful chapters are 4,5,6,7,9,12,13.

       E-mail of  Author : martin.schwartz@...

      7) EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique): Book is available FREE of cost at www.emofree.com

      * EFT in aid with Neurosemantics/NLP greatly helps overcome stuttering.

      * It has proven to be an effective tool to desensitize highly emotional past events that

        have either been the cause of the stuttering or have contributed to the embedding of the

        fear frames which keep the process in place.

      * Can be used for treating major cause of stuttering Anxiety associated with stammering.

      You can contact at the e-mail address given if your have any doubt / problem or any thing to say / ask about the books.

          “ USEFUL TIPS FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT “

                     TIPS (NO. 1) FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT

      1.      .First, one must realize there is no quick or magical cure for stuttering—but a great deal of help and a chance to overcome the fears and bad habits which hold the stutterer prisoner in the shape of stuttering therapies.

      2.      You must learn to accept your stuttering—you can’t stop it.  The harder you try, the worse it gets.  Try to accept the fact that you will stutter and learn to cope with it—realize it is not just something that happens to you, it is something that you do.  This gives you power and allows you to change it.

      3.      Stop trying to hide it from others and especially from yourself.  Be willing to talk about it.  Get over the shame and embarrassment you feel, and the stuttering will lessen.  Accept some stuttering—everyone does some.  Nobody is perfect—your urge to be perfect must be conquered—it only makes you worse.

      4.      Don’t try to be fluent—that is a false role for you—accept your role as a stutterer and be a good one—stuttering forward, smoothly, saying what you want to say, not changing words or starting over and over.

      5.      See if you can enter situations you have avoided in the past.  Avoidance is your worst enemy—do you avoid certain words, people, situations, etc.?  Take them on, one at a time.

      6.      Fluency is not a success—meeting a challenge is.  Saying a badly stuttered word is a success.  Not giving up is important.  Facing your problem is the only way to reach success as a speaker.

      7.      Keep good eye contact with your listener even when, and especially when you stutter—another success along your road to recovery.

      8.      Observe other people as they talk—even “normal” speakers bobble, hesitate, and “stutter”—give yourself an assignment to count the “stutters” of a normal speaker at home or on TV.  You’ll be surprised how imperfect the speech can be—and is never noticed!

      9.      Instead of avoiding stuttering, try to stutter voluntarily.  This is not something to do early in therapy and it can become a trick to sound better—and anything you do just to “sound better” at a given moment is probably not a good solution.  Aim to improve your whole approach—feel proud of yourself when you talk and do not retreat even though you stutter.  Overcome your shame about stuttering and overcome your need for fluency.

      10..Pay enough attention to the things you do that interfere with your normal speech, the things that you do that you call your stuttering, to understand that they are unnecessary and to change or eliminate them.

      11.  By deciding not to fight for fluency, U will gain more fluency than u ever

      had before. Accepting stuttering would be big step in loosening its grip on your

      life. Once u will stop trying to hide your stuttering and, instead, begin to

      advertise that you are a stutterer, you will gain a new freedom from fear. Life will get easier.

      12.  Instead of fighting the twisting, tumbling, torrent of stuttering, try to go with the flow. Try let the occasional stutter proclaim its existence, and then carry on as if nothing has happened. Try to intentionally forget the moment of stuttering rather than focusing on any misspoken word. Try to take Care to remind yourself that you are a stutterer so that this knowledge will set you free from stuttering

                   TIPS (NO. 2) FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT

      Two amazing secrets to help stop stuttering, from Sound Feelings. This stuttering information  provides easy how-to solutions for stutterers for self-improvement towards fluent speech. These will be extremely helpful for those seeking stuttering cures.

      “My stuttering is all cleared up now, and I have no more problem! What I did was take one of your tips to stop stuttering (tip #2). In one week I got so much better that I could talk well on the phone. I say the word once in my head, then not even a second later, say it verbally. I’m glad I fixed it because I’m only 14 and I’d be stuttering for a lot longer. From this I met two girls already. Thanks!.”…………… An ex-stutterer user of the tips.

      A)    Think Before You Speak.

      Don’t even open your mouth until you are exactly sure about the word or words you are about to say. People who stutter often are smarter than average. This ironically works against the stutterer because when he or she attempts to speak, his or her mind tends to think too far ahead! This causes the conscious mind to not be in line with the current immediate word being expressed. The result is a jam or a block in the flow of speech. It really is not enough to “slow down the rhythm of your speech,” as is so often recommended. This can be slightly helpful, but what really counts is to think before you verbalize each word. It may be temporarily helpful to slow down just in order to retrain yourself how to think ahead of each word spoken rather than after, but eventually, the speed of the speech can return to normal.

      B)    Say it in Your Mind.

      Literally hear yourself successfully saying the word you want to say in your mind before you say it. This is a type of aural visualization. All people who succeed in anything admit that they practice visualizing their success, with optimism, before actually attaining their goal. Imagine the sound of each word, one by one, in your mind before you physically say it.

      TIPS ( N0.3) FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT / CONTROL

      Always try to...

      1. Speak more slowly and in a deliberate manner. Draw out the vowels, and do not skip over syllables. It won't sound as slow as you think!

      2. Slide into the words with light and loose movements of the lips and jaw. Feel the words as you say them.

      3. Eliminate all avoidance or word substitution, habits which you may use to postpone or eliminate stuttering. Feared words only become a larger problem when you attempt to run away from them.

      4. Keep moving forward in your speech. Repeating words you have already said only postpones the attempt to say the next word that you fear.

      5. Monitor and identify what you are doing unnecessarily when you stutter. The more you can self-analyze your stuttering, the more aware you become of how to modify the muscle coordination needed to produce more fluent speech. Stuttering does not "just happen".

      6. Try to focus on how to resume fluency.

      7.  Prevent anxiety or tension from overwhelming your fluent speech. Stuttering is nothing to be ashamed about, and you certainly don't do it on purpose. Instead of always being embarrassed by a block, analyze what you did, try to say the word again fluently, and then move on. Don't dwell upon your failures; celebrate those moments when you succeed in speaking more fluently.

      8.leave fear of stuttering.

      9.  Slow down your speech, not to the point where it sounds abnormal, but just slow down.

      10. Speak in phrases, with a pause in between. In other words, do not try to say complete sentences (at least at first), and also do not focus on saying individual words. Instead, break up a sentence into phrases and say the entire phrase.

      11. The transition between sounds in each phrase is very important. Keep the air flowing and voice active as you are going from one word to the next in the phrase. Do not stop the voice between each word. Instead, let the end of one word lead right into the start of the next word, keeping your voice flowing in the transition. This is the key I think that helped me the most. It is hard to see it unless it is pointed out to you. This technique eliminates stuttering on any of the inner words of a phrase, although the first word may still be difficult.

      TIPS ( N0.4) FOR STUTTERING TREATMENT / CONTROL

      ( U MUST KEEP IN MIND FOLLWING AIMS WHILE SPEAKING):

      KEEP: -

      1.         AVM (AIR / VOICE / MOVEMENT [of lips & jaws])

      2.         KYPR (KEEP YOUR PHONATION [vibration of voice] RUNNING)

      3.         RTSE (REMEMBER TO START EASILY the speech)

      4.         NNTH (NO NEED TO HURRY)

      5.            DNWTP (DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TIME PRESSURE)

      6.            DNWR (DO NOT NEED TO WORRY about REACTIONS of                others)

      AND

      7.         I no longer need to chase the Fluency God

      8.         I can live without constant fear of stuttering

      9.         I can speak well without scanning ahead for difficult words

      10.       I can speak for myself without relying on others to talk for me

      11.       I do not feel guilty when I stutter and I am not ashamed of myself when I do                                  sometimes stutter.

      12.I have choices I can make that help me talk easily

      TIP (No.5) FOR STUTTERINF TREATMENT / CONTROL :

      1.   Be Open

      ·      Write down your thoughts in a diary or notebook

      ·      Tell people you are going through a bad patch

      ·      Be open about your feelings

      ·      Be open about the fact that you stammer

      2.   Avoidance

      ·      It is OK to avoid from time to time

      ·      Keep pushing yourself, do not avoid

      3.   Speech

      ·      Focus on how you form the beginning of the next word

      ·      Slow down, pause & breathe

      ·      Remember your techniques

      4.   Don’t Worry

      ·      Don’t worry about stammering

      ·      Don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s okay to stammer

      5.   Others

      ·      Self monitoring

      ·      Get enough sleep

      ·      Relax & smile when blocking

      ·      Laugh!

      6.   Telling Other people

      ·      Write down your feelings & thoughts in a diary or notebook

      ·      Be open about your stammer

      ·      Tell people that you are going through a bad patch

      ·      Remember we all have the right to stammer & to be listened to

      7.   Speech Tips

      ·      Controlled Breathing - breathe deeply before starting to speak

      ·      Passive air flow

      ·      Stop, pause & repeat the blocked word

      ·      Add a short word at the beginning e.g. “My name is….”

      ·      Tapping or clicking in time with your speech, e.g. with a pen

      8.   Positive Thinking

      ·      Focus on your good days, not your bad days

      ·      Positive hypnosis

      ·      Focus on things to take your mind off worrying about your speech

      9.   Relax

      ·      Relaxation Tapes

      ·      Say to yourself “shoulders down, relax”

      10. Others

      ·      Less avoidance, but allow yourself the right to avoid if you are particularly tired or stressed