RE: [Libtypos-L] Typos in non-indexed areas

  • Ian Fairclough
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
      Dear Libtypos-L readers:

      Tina Gunther asks: "Have you checked the records with the erroneous 300a's
      in your SIRSI catalog against their counterparts in OCLC and OhioLINK?"
      Nope! I try to follow the advice of the man who trained me in cataloging
      back in 1982. He said to me, "Don't go looking for trouble, Ian!" (There's
      a story behind that.) So rather than go hunting, I report errors as I
      encounter them. And I encountered one the other day, "1 videocassettes" and
      duly told OCLC and the Libtypos folks about it.

      Time to cool off a little, so I'm heading to England for a few days, high
      temperature of 20 degrees (Celcius) forecast.

      - Ian

      Ian Fairclough
      Marion (Ohio) Public Library
      tel. 740-387-0994 x233