on-line typos in news articles

  • Phalbe Henriksen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Folks,

      I know there is a lot of discussion about archiving on-line stuff, but
      here's something I ran across last night that made me pause:

      An item was described as being worth $80,0000.

      I don't ever see any of these kinds of mistakes being corrected quickly.
      And these typos appear considerably more often on the web than they do in
      print. If this article is archived without correction, this bit of
      information becomes useless.

      I can only hope that the web is still in its infancy and that someday
      problems like this will be addressed.

      Phalbe