invlov*

  • Phalbe Henriksen
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 4, 2003
      Invlov* -- 3 in OhioLink, 40 in WorldCat, 3 in ArticleFirst, 1 in ECO, none
      in my database.

      Phalbe
    • Tina Gunther
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 4, 2003
        Libtypos-L@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >Invlov* -- 3 in OhioLink, 40 in WorldCat, 3 in ArticleFirst, 1 in ECO,
        >none
        >in my database.
        >
        >Phalbe

        When I checked our catalog, I mistyped your typo and came up with
        Involov+ -- 4 in OhioLINK, 1 in my database (but no invlov's there)
        That led me to get invovled, which, pruned a little, becomes
        Invov+ -- 7 hits in OhioLINK

        Tina
      • Phalbe Henriksen
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 12, 2003
          United Sates -- 75 in OhioLINK, 20 in WorldCat, 20 in ArticleFirst, 10 in ECO.

          I just received an e-mail message about this from someone I don't know, who
          must be looking at my website.

          Both of these are correct words individually. Does that qualify it for
          MoreTypos?

          Phalbe
        • Barbara Bristow
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 12, 2003
            In the Very High Probability of the main list, we have things like John Hopkins Press and United State. The individual words are correct, but it's the conjunction that's an error. So this should go on the main list as well.

            Barbara Bristow
            Editor, OmniFile
            H. W. Wilson

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Phalbe Henriksen
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 12, 2003
              K.

              Phalbe

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 12, 2003
                Libtypos-L@yahoogroups.com writes:
                >United Sates -- 75 in OhioLINK, 20 in WorldCat, 20 in ArticleFirst, 10 in
                >ECO.
                >
                >Both of these are correct words individually. Does that qualify it for
                >MoreTypos?

                "United Sates" fits in perfectly with these entries:
                United Staes
                United State
                United Stats
                and the ever-popular
                Untied States

                Tina
              • Ballard, Terry Prof.
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 14, 2003
                  Sounds like a classic "More typos" to me.

                  Terry

                  United Sates -- 75 in OhioLINK, 20 in WorldCat, 20 in ArticleFirst, 10 in ECO.

                  I just received an e-mail message about this from someone I don't know, who
                  must be looking at my website.

                  Both of these are correct words individually. Does that qualify it for
                  MoreTypos?

                  Phalbe

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/C1XolB/TM
                • Phalbe Henriksen
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 15, 2003
                    I can add it as "Sates" (typo for "States") and leave out "United" altogether.

                    Phalbe