Assitance needed!

  • Daniel CannCasciato
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
      Assitance 16 in OhioLink

      Daniel

      -------------
      Daniel CannCasciato
      Head of Cataloging
      CWU Library
      Ellensburg, WA 98926
      dcc@...

      For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
      and wrong.
      -- H. L. Mencken
    • Phalbe Henriksen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2003
        90 WorldCat
        8 ArticleFirst
        8 UnionLists List
        1 ECO

        Phalbe ~ after a week on vacation and who hopes this info isn't a copyright
        violation

        At 02:41 PM 8/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:

        >Assitance 16 in OhioLink
        >
        >Daniel
        >

        >-------------
        >Daniel CannCasciato
        >Head of Cataloging
        >CWU Library
        >Ellensburg, WA 98926
        >dcc@...
        >
        >For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
        >and wrong.
        > -- H. L. Mencken

      • Phalbe Henriksen
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
          http://www.bradford-co-fla.org/departments/library/moretypos/moretypos.htm

          Just got up. You're the first to know. Haven't even put up any redirect
          pages yet.

          Phalbe ~ who declares the era of short URLs dead

          Phalbe Henriksen
          Director
          Bradford County Public Library
          105 E. Jackson St.
          Starke, FL 32091-3396
          v (904) 964-6400 fax (904) 964-9463
          bradford@... / phenriksen@...

          "Just who is Elsie, and why do we always do what she says, even though she
          never comes to any meetings?"
        • Tina Gunther
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
            Libtypos-L@yahoogroups.com writes:
            >http://www.bradford-co-fla.org/departments/library/moretypos/moretypos.htm
            >
            >Just got up. You're the first to know. Haven't even put up any redirect
            >pages yet.
            >
            >Phalbe ~ who declares the era of short URLs dead

            Not completely. Check this out:
            The following URL:
            http://www.bradford-co-fla.org/departments/library/moretypos/moretypos.htm
            has a length of 74 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
            has a length of 23 characters:
            http://tinyurl.com/jb9w

            Type any cumbersome URL into the box at http://www.tinyurl.com
            and get a mini-URL shortcut.

            Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
            Cataloging Technician (x5608)
            Biola University Library
            La Mirada CA USA

            >Phalbe Henriksen
            >Director
            >Bradford County Public Library
            >105 E. Jackson St.
            >Starke, FL 32091-3396
            >v (904) 964-6400 fax (904) 964-9463
            >bradford@... / phenriksen@...
            >
            >"Just who is Elsie, and why do we always do what she says, even though she
            >never comes to any meetings?"
          • Ballard, Terry Prof.
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
              And the new url is so noted on the main page as of this hour.

              Terry

              Terry Ballard, Automation Librarian
              Quinnipiac University, Bernhard Library
              275 Mt. Carmel Ave., Hamden, CT, 06518
              203-582-8945
              http://faculty.quinnipiac.edu/libraries/tballard

              Humor is too important a matter to be left in the hands of a bunch of clowns.
            • Tina Gunther
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
                Libtypos-L@yahoogroups.com writes:
                >And the new url is so noted on the main page as of this hour.
                >

                >Terry

                Unfortunately, the rest of the page has reverted to the
                October 2002 version instead of the March(?), 2003 version.

                Tina
              • Ballard, Terry Prof.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
                    Libtypos-L@yahoogroups.com writes:
                    >It's back - thanks for spotting that.
                    >
                    >Terry

                    Glad to do it. What jumped out at me were all the pipes and stars.

                    One of these days I'll get past the speed bumps that are slowing up the
                    next update.

                    Tina