Update to "MoreTypos"

  • Phalbe Henriksen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2003
      Folks,

      I've just updated MoreTypos:

      <http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm>

      Here's the MainList:

      <http://faculty.quinnipiac.edu/libraries/tballard/typoscomplete.html>

      Welcome to the list, newbies.

      Most of the information about us can be found on the MainList page, in
      Terry Ballard's intro.

      Remember, I will be moving MoreTypos by the end of the month to:
      <http://www.bradford-co-fla.org/library/moretypos/moretypos.htm>

      Phalbe

      Phalbe Henriksen
      Director
      Bradford County Public Library
      105 E. Jackson St.
      Starke, FL 32091-3396
      v904-964-6400; fax904-964-9463
      <bradford@...>

      Who is Elsie and why do we always have to do things her way when she
      doesn't even come to meetings?
    • Phalbe Henriksen
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2003
      • Phalbe Henriksen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003
          Anyone without a life who would want to take on this search has my blessing!

          <snip>

          The new version adds links to sample files from the American Memory
          collections. It also lists the MrSID format (.sid) for documents, which is
          new with the recent collection release of the Stars & Strips newspaper from
          1918-19 <http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/sgphtml/sashtml/>.

          <snip>

          Phalbe ~ who bets the servicemen *wished* it had been Stars & Strips!
        • Tina Gunther
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003
            The search "stars near strips" got 4 hits in OhioLINK.
            I don't know if we can list it that way on the MainList, though.

            Tina

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003
              At 10:50 AM 7/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
              >The search "stars near strips" got 4 hits in OhioLINK.
              >I don't know if we can list it that way on the MainList, though.
              >
              >Tina

              I could add it to MoreTypos as a typo for stripes. What say, Terry?

              Phalbe
            • Phalbe Henriksen
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003
                Counrty -- 3 in OhioLINK, 30 in OCLC

                One in each is followed by a "[sic]" (same title) so the count for our
                tally is 2 and 29.

                PHalbe
              • Tina Gunther
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 8, 2003
                  >I could add it to MoreTypos as a typo for stripes. What say, Terry?

                  Terry might still be on vacation.
                  Based on what I found in OhioLINK, I would concur with adding
                  "Stripes/Strips" or "Strip+/Stripe+".

                  BTW, I did not get to the update I had hoped to prepare.
                  I spent most of my time off work watching the comcast of the International
                  Barbershop Harmony Convention and Contests, held in Montreal, this year.
                  I'm a primary moderator for a very active barbershop harmony online
                  discussion list and that kept me busier than I expected during the
                  convention. I still have some score-sheets to format from the contests.

                  Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
                  Cataloging Technician
                  Biola University Library
                  La Mirada CA USA
                • Ballard, Terry Prof.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2003
                    Phalbe,

                    Tina's right that it's perfect for MoreTypos - a word that is spelled correctly but is incorrect in another context.

                    Terry

                    Terry Ballard, Automation Librarian
                    Quinnipiac University, Bernhard Library
                    275 Mt. Carmel Ave., Hamden, CT, 06518
                    203-582-8945
                    http://faculty.quinnipiac.edu/libraries/tballard

                    Humor is too important a matter to be left in the hands of a bunch of clowns.