biologiques/manuels ????

  • Phalbe Henriksen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
      Folks, this is the non-cataloger speaking. Would you please look at the
      last two subject terms and tell me if they're right, or one is a typo, or
      if both are typos?

      Phalbe

      Personal Author: Pagana, Kathleen Deska, 1952-
      Title: Mosby's manual of diagnostic and laboratory tests / Kathleen Deska
      Pagana, Timothy J. Pagana.
      Edition: 2nd ed.
      Publication info: St. Louis : Mosby, c2002.
      Physical descrip: xi, 1166 p. : col. ill. ; 23 cm.
      Contents: Guidelines for Proper Test Preparation and Performance -- Blood
      Studies -- Electrodiagnostic Tests -- Endoscopic Studies -- Fluid Analysis
      Studies -- Manometric Studies -- Microscopic Studies -- Nuclear Scanning --
      Stool Tests -- Ultrasound Studies -- Urine Studies -- X-Ray Studies --
      Miscellaneous Studies.
      Held by: BRADFORD
      Subject term: Diagnosis, Laboratory--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
      Subject term: Diagnosis, Radioscopic--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
      Subject term: Reference values (Medicine)--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
      Subject term: Diagnostics biologiques--Guides, manuals, etc.
      Subject term: Radiodiagnostics--Guides, manuels, etc.
      Added author: Pagana, Timothy James, 1949-
    • Massey, Owen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003
        Phalbe Henriksen wrote:
        > Folks, this is the non-cataloger speaking. Would you please look at the
        > last two subject terms and tell me if they're right, or one is a typo, or
        > if both are typos?

        : Subject term: Diagnostics biologiques--Guides, manuals, etc.
        : Subject term: Radiodiagnostics--Guides, manuels, etc.

        They're French headings from the Repertoire de vedettes-matieres used by the National Library of Canada. So 'manuals' in the first one is a typo for 'manuels', but probably beyond our scope!

        Owen
        --
        Owen Massey * omassey@... * 020 7869 6550
        Research Resources in Medical History Cataloguer

        *
        This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and are intended
        addressed.

        This communication represents the originators personal views and
        opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of The Royal College of
        Surgeons of England.

        If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
        delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
        have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination,
        forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

        http://www.rcseng.ac.uk

        Registered Charity Number: 212808
      • Phalbe Henriksen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003
          Thanks, Owen. I didn't know if "Radiodiagnostics" was a French word or not.

          Phalbe