Fwd: Harper's Baazar or Bazar

  • Phalbe Henriksen
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 14, 2002
      When this showed up in my e-mail, I thought it was a Libtypos message. I
      was surprised to see it was in Stumpers. After reading it, though, I wonder
      if anyone has checked these words as typos.

      Phalbe

      >According to Frank Luther Mott in "A History of American Magazines,"
      >the spelling of "Harper's Bazar" was changed to Harper's Bazaar
      >in 1929 by editor Charles Hansen Towne.
      >
      >We're seeking a documented reason why the second "a" was added.
      >
      >Thanks.
    • Phalbe Henriksen
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 23, 2002
        OK, Terry, here's a "challenge" for you. Can you customize the Yahoo
        signature so that our two URLs are there?

        We really should have addressed this a long time ago.

        Phalbe