Re: [Libtypos-L] Staes

  • Carol Reid
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
      Whoops, I forgot Untied! ;-)
      C.

      >>> tina.gunther@... 08/02/02 01:09PM >>>
      > I found 29 examples of "Staes" (for "States") in the NYSL
      > catalog, and 49 in OhioLink. I don't see it on the Ballard list.

      "United Staes" is in the "B" section of the main Ballard list.

    • Tina Gunther
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
        Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
        using the "all dictionaries" option:

        We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
        []General (1 matching dictionary)
        Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]

        The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
        http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm

        I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
        which makes the reference misleading.

        Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
        Cataloging Technician
        Biola University Library
        La Mirada CA USA
      • Phalbe Henriksen
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
          True, but I have a link to Terry's site and an explanation that mine
          follows on from his.

          Phalbe

          At 10:15 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
          >Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
          >using the "all dictionaries" option:
          >
          > We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
          > []General (1 matching dictionary)
          > Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]
          >
          >The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
          >http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm
          >
          >I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
          >which makes the reference misleading.
          >
          >Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
          >Cataloging Technician
          >Biola University Library
          >La Mirada CA USA

        • Phalbe Henriksen
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
            from OCLC:

            Title:

            Staats genealogy from Abram Staats (Staes); 1618 Amsterdam, Holland /

            Phalbe
          • Phalbe Henriksen
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
              At 10:43 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
              >That does help the situation considerably.
              >How long have you known that you were listed with OneLook?
              >
              >Tina

              A half an hour.

              Phalbe
            • Tina Gunther
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002

                At 10:25 AM 8/2/2002, you wrote:
                >True, but I have a link to Terry's site and an explanation that mine
                >follows on from his.
                >
                >Phalbe
                >

                >At 10:15 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
                > >Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
                > >using the "all dictionaries" option:
                > >
                > > We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
                > > []General (1 matching dictionary)
                > > Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]
                > >
                > >The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
                > >http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm
                > >
                > >I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
                > >which makes the reference misleading.
                > >
                > >Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
                > >Cataloging Technician
                > >Biola University Library
                > >La Mirada CA USA
              • Phalbe Henriksen
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002
                  Weekly Statistics For Previous Week
                  Account number ******, Typos, had a total of 33 visitors last week.

                  Visitors for last week divided per weekday:

                  2002-07-29: 2
                  2002-07-30: 4
                  2002-07-31: 13
                  2002-08-01: 1