Re: [Libtypos-L] Staes

  • Carol Reid
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
      Whoops, I forgot Untied! ;-)
      C.

      >>> tina.gunther@... 08/02/02 01:09PM >>>
      > I found 29 examples of "Staes" (for "States") in the NYSL
      > catalog, and 49 in OhioLink. I don't see it on the Ballard list.

      "United Staes" is in the "B" section of the main Ballard list.

    • Tina Gunther
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
          Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
          using the "all dictionaries" option:

          We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
          []General (1 matching dictionary)
          Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]

          The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
          http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm

          I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
          which makes the reference misleading.

          Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
          Cataloging Technician
          Biola University Library
          La Mirada CA USA
        • Phalbe Henriksen
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
            True, but I have a link to Terry's site and an explanation that mine
            follows on from his.

            Phalbe

            At 10:15 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
            >Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
            >using the "all dictionaries" option:
            >
            > We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
            > []General (1 matching dictionary)
            > Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]
            >
            >The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
            >http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm
            >
            >I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
            >which makes the reference misleading.
            >
            >Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
            >Cataloging Technician
            >Biola University Library
            >La Mirada CA USA

          • Phalbe Henriksen
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
              from OCLC:

              Title:

              Staats genealogy from Abram Staats (Staes); 1618 Amsterdam, Holland /

              Phalbe
            • Phalbe Henriksen
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
                At 10:43 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
                >That does help the situation considerably.
                >How long have you known that you were listed with OneLook?
                >
                >Tina

                A half an hour.

                Phalbe
              • Tina Gunther
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002

                  At 10:25 AM 8/2/2002, you wrote:
                  >True, but I have a link to Terry's site and an explanation that mine
                  >follows on from his.
                  >
                  >Phalbe
                  >

                  >At 10:15 AM 8/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
                  > >Look what I found when I looked up "Staes" at http://www.onelook.com/
                  > >using the "all dictionaries" option:
                  > >
                  > > We found one dictionary that includes the word staes:
                  > > []General (1 matching dictionary)
                  > > Staes : Typographical Errors in Library Databases [home, info]
                  > >
                  > >The "home" and "info" hot-links are to Phalbe's MoreTypos website:
                  > >http://www.neflin.org/bradford/moretypos/moretypos.htm
                  > >
                  > >I also checked a couple of entries from the main list, but got no results,
                  > >which makes the reference misleading.
                  > >
                  > >Tina Gunther <tina.gunther@...>
                  > >Cataloging Technician
                  > >Biola University Library
                  > >La Mirada CA USA
                • Phalbe Henriksen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002
                    Weekly Statistics For Previous Week
                    Account number ******, Typos, had a total of 33 visitors last week.

                    Visitors for last week divided per weekday:

                    2002-07-29: 2
                    2002-07-30: 4
                    2002-07-31: 13
                    2002-08-01: 1