Libertarian Alliance - More Articles
- Libertarian Alliance
Contact Details: Dr Sean Gabb
07956 472 199, sean@... <mailto:sean@...>
A couple of things - and they will be the last you hear from me this week.
1. The article I've just sent out about English independence was written in my personal capacity, not as Director of the Libertarian Alliance. I don't think we take any collective view on the breakup of the United Kingdom. It went out by accident under the LA logo. Apologies for any confusion. By the way, it's on the LA Blog <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/a-brief-argument-for-english-independence/>, if you want to leave a comment.
2. However, here is our latest publication, a de luxe appreciation of Thomas Jefferson <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/thomas-jefferson-libertarian-wordsmith/>, written by Peter Richards. We take pleasure in sharing it with the widest audience possible.
3. Here is a very interesting essay posted on the LA Blog by David Webb, all about cultural pessimism <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/cultural-pessimism/>. I can't recall if I sent this out last week. If so, more apologies. However, it is well worth reading.
4. Here is a peculiar short essay about Mr Fred Goodwin <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/sir-fred-goodwin-forever-my-knight-in-shining-armour/>, written by Percival Glyde. I still can't decide whether Mr Glyde behaved with complete propriety. As ever, you are welcome to express your own opinion.
5. Here is an essay on Chris Huhn <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/huhne-defenestrated/>by David Webb. In my view, the man is trash, and deserves every kicking he gets from the blogging community. Others disagree.
6. I know it's just a repost, but I do urge you to look at Keith Preston's essay, Should Libertarianism be Cultural Leftism without the State? <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/should-libertarianism-be-cultural-leftism-without-the-state/>. It is a very impressive piece of writing.
7. I did send it out earlier, but here is a link to Mr Preston's long radio interview with me <http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/interview-with-sean-gabb/>. You can leave whatever comments you see fit.
8. And I did try to add a discreet PayPal button to the foot of my last posting. Sadly, this came though inactive. The Libertarian Alliance has no corporate sponsorship, and functions purely on the generosity of its supporters. This allows us to keep up our stream of commentary and propaganda, and to keep at bay the general notion that libertarianism is a dead force in the United Kingdom. Do you remember the instant rebuttal I was able to get into The Guardian last December, when George Monbiot made one of his attacks on libertarianism? I got an unedited letter published because The Guardian takes the LA seriously. So does the BBC. So does the rest of the media. I do urge you to consider enabling this happy state of affairs to continue <http://www.libertarian.co.uk/?q=node/220>.
Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
sean@... <mailto:sean@...> Tel: 07956 472 199
Postal Address: Suite 35, 2 Lansdowne Row, London W1J 6HL, England
Wikipedia Entry <http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]