Libertarian Alliance Bulletin, 4th March 2011

  • Sean Gabb
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011

      Various things to report.

      1. I wish to thank everyone who has so far donated money to the
      Libertarian Alliance. Thanks to your generosity, we shall be able to pay
      all our Internet and administrative bills for some while to come.

      At the same time, I confirm that the Libertarian Alliance has, for the
      moment, suspended all conferences and lectures. To be specific, I confirm
      that there will be no Chris R. Tame Memorial Lecture at the Liberal Club
      in London. This is to be regretted, but is unavoidable.

      2. In the past few weeks, we have published, among much else, the following:

      4th February 2011 - "Guilt of Self-Righteousness?" by David Webb -
      http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=14518&action
      =edit

      9th February 2011 - Sean Gabb on "The Myth of Global Warming" - BBC Radio
      Leeds - http://www.libertarian.co.uk/multimedia/2011-02-09-eco-sig.mp3 I
      walked all over the Greenie from my old university.

      12th February 2011 - "Brief Reflections on the Revolution in Egypt" by
      Sean Gabb - http://www.seangabb.co.uk/?q=node/528 I thought this was the
      dullest thing I'd written in ages. The Germans liked it in translation,
      however.

      15th February 2011 - "The Equitable Life Shakedown" by David Webb -
      http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=14643&action
      =edit

      17th February 2011 - Sean Gabb on "Are Ticket Touts Immoral?" - LBC Radio
      - http://www.libertarian.co.uk/multimedia/2011-02-17-sig-tout.mp3 Ten
      minutes of me with Iain DaleĀ….

      28th February 2011 - "Taxing Corporate Profits" by David Webb -
      http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=14685&action
      =edit

      1st March 2011 - "How Long before Christians are Actively Persecuted in
      England?" by Sean Gabb - http://www.seangabb.co.uk/?q=node/531 This has
      gone down rather well on the LA Blog, where Ian B's critique amounts to an
      alternative narrative. It has also been read by unimaginable number on Lew
      Rockwell and in The Brussels Journal.

      I hope in the next week or so to give details of several other new
      publications from the Libertarian Alliance.

      3. During the last few months of his life, Chris R. Tame recorded a long
      series of conversations with me. Many of these will need severe editing
      before they can be offered to the public - or perhaps should wait until
      those in his sights have joined him beyond the grave. But here is one that
      shows Chris in a reasonably generous mood: http://www.vimeo.com/20392578

      During the next few weeks, I will publish one of the books he left
      incomplete when he died. It will run to about 700 pages, and will be
      followed by several more. Thanks to Lulu, what seemed for a while the
      impossible has now become a simple matter of a little hard work.

      4. Could I possibly send out one of these bulletins without mentioning
      either my gifted friend, the novelist Richard Blake, or my own new novel
      The Churchill Memorandum? I might if I tried. However, the great novelist
      L. Neil Smith - before whom even Mr Blake bows his head in envy and
      respect - has just published a most generous review of The Churchill
      Memorandum. You can read this here:
      http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2011/tle608-20110220-10.html

      5. I do keep mentioning our new website. This will, I assure you, be
      inconceivably lush when finished. Just take a look at mine to see what we
      have in mind. However, nearly a thousand publications, which exist in two
      formats, and a massively ambitious architecture, mean that the html/css
      site that I created in 2000, and have been playing with ever since, will
      not yet be presented to any online museum of quaint survivals from the
      1990s. At the least, we shall be running both sites in tandem for months.
      I make no promises, but do expect to unveil something within the next
      fortnight.

      Best wishes,

      Sean

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb
      http://www.richardblake.org.uk/
      http://www.facebook.com/sean.gabb
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      What would England and the world have been like in 1959 if there had been
      no Second World War? For one possible answer, read Sean Gabb's new novel
      "The Churchill Memorandum". If you like Bulldog Drummond and Biggles and
      the early James Bond, this will be right up your street:
      http://tinyurl.com/39lpade. Don't be frightened of the TinyURL - the
      original is just too long for a sig file.