Greetings and New Publications from Sean Gabb

  • Sean Gabb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      Dear ,

      On behalf of the Libertarian Alliance, I wish you all the best for 2011.
      Oh, let's agree that the coming year will be dreadful - more inflation,
      higher taxes, more wars and rumours of war, less liberty, at least another
      few steps closer to the grave and so on. The convention, nevertheless, is
      that I should try to sound cheerful. So, Happy New Year!

      Four things to announce:

      1. The First Publication of 2011 from the Libertarian Alliance

      Scientific Notes 17 - "Reclaiming Anthropology for Science: A Libertarian
      Approach" by Edward Dutton

      "Scientific anthropologists tend to argue for the veracity of their
      approach and assume that the most logical approach will ultimately reclaim
      the discipline from postmodernists and extreme-naturalists. This article
      advocates scientific anthropology but stresses that being logically
      coherent is only part of the process of scientific revolutions. It
      demonstrates that anthropology is broadly in the grip of those who are
      implicitly religious-not rational-and then presents a libertarian
      manifesto on how anthropology-in practical terms-might be returned to the
      scientific fold…."

      More at http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/scien/scien017.htm
      Discussed at
      http://libertarianalliance.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/reclaiming-anthropology-
      for-science-a-libertarian-approach-edward-dutton/

      2. Sean Gabb's Review of the New "Upstairs, Downstairs" (Long and Damning)

      "The revived Upstairs, Downstairs is very nearly as bad as it could
      possibly be. It is dull. It is badly written and over-acted. It is
      technically incompetent. Its whole purpose appears to have been to serve
      as legitimation propaganda for the present order of things…."

      More at http://www.seangabb.co.uk/?q=node/519

      3. Special Offer on Sean Gabb's "The Churchill Memorandum"

      15% off The Churchill Memorandum
      Offer ends 15 January, 2010

      Purchase The Churchill Memorandum with 15% off with coupon code
      RESOLUTION305

      http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-churchill-memorandum/9866039

      4. Holiday Recommendation

      Now that - contrary to the "scientific" predictions - the world seems to
      be getting colder for the time being, you may care to plan a nice long
      holiday in the sun. If that is the case, let me recommend Bodrum in
      Turkey. The place is warm and friendly. It has a nice marina and boats
      that will take you into some of the clearest seas in the world. It has a
      big crusader castle and a fine Hellenistic theatre. It is the birthplace
      of Herodotus. It is within easy driving distance of Ephesus and Hierapolis
      and Aphrodisias and Laodicea.

      If you are the sort who likes golf and skydiving and jumping up and down
      all night, with semi-clad young people, to the sound of drums and guitars,
      Bodrum is also the place just for you.

      I've been there five times since 2006 - three times with my family - and
      always look forward to going back.

      And, of all the places to stay in Bodrum, there is no finer than the Hotel
      Karia Princess. For quiet luxury, for prompt and friendly service, for
      excellency of table, it cannot be praised too highly.

      Moreover, this hotel is owned and run by committed libertarian of the
      Austrian School. If you are a libertarian or a conservative, the Hotel
      Karia Princess is the obvious place to stay. Where else can you mix sun,
      sea, delightful food and intellectual stimulation?

      Take a look for yourself: http://www.kariaprincess.com/

      Best wishes,

      Sean

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb

      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://www.richardblake.org.uk/
      http://www.facebook.com/sean.gabb
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph); "Blood of Alexandria" <http://tinyurl.com/356mwdr>. "Sword of
      Damascus" will be published in June 2011. Buy them for your own enjoyment.
      Buy them as presents for your friends and loved ones.