Libertarian Alliance Conference

  • Sean Gabb
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 27, 2010
      Dear All,

      The Libertarian Alliance conference this coming weekend is nearly booked
      out, and we will take no more bookings from Thursday afternoon. But if you
      want to come, and haven't yet booked a place, we remain open till then.
      Here is the link:

      http://www.libertarian.co.uk/conferences/conf10brochure.htm

      On another subject, here is the video link to the speech I gave to the
      Oxford Libertarian Society on the 19th October last. I think the speech
      itself isn't one of my best. Even so, the question and answer session is
      lively.

      http://www.vimeo.com/16074452

      Here is a link to my new website:

      http://78.31.106.232/

      We are about to upgrade the Libertarian Alliance website in all manner of
      exciting ways. It will jump from being the best static html site that I
      can design and become something interactive and exciting in ways that I
      cannot yet fully imagine. Because I need to understand the content
      management technology behind it, I have spent the past few weeks
      redesigning my own website. So far, I have fed about 300 of my own essays
      into the Drupal database. I have another few hundred yet to go, and have
      not started on the cosmetic side of things.

      When I am ready, the old site will be switched off. I will keep most of
      the articles in their old format, simply because years of external links
      to my writings would otherwise go dead. But all future writings will be
      Drupalised. I do advase anyone against linking to the new site for the
      moment, as it is on a temporary server. I mention the new site only
      because someone out there may have a few constructive suggestions.

      Regards,

      Sean Gabb
      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb

      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://www.richardblake.org.uk/
      http://www.facebook.com/sean.gabb
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph); "Blood of Alexandria" <http://tinyurl.com/356mwdr>. "Sword of
      Damascus" will be published in June 2011. Buy them for your own enjoyment.
      Buy them as presents for your friends and loved ones.