Libertarian Alliance Conference and Book Recommendations

  • Sean Gabb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2010

      I am writing to tell you that the Libertarian Alliance and Libertarian
      International will hold their joint conference this year over the weekend
      of the 30th-31st October 2010 at the National Liberal Club in London. We
      are still finalising the programme, and make no warranties that the
      speakers listed on our programme will be the ones who finally appear.
      However, we are offering bookings now, because, from the 1st August 2010,
      the booking fee will rise from £85 (and the corresponding rate in Dollars
      and Euros) to £99 (also with the corresponding foreign currency rates).

      You should book now, as you may recall how, in previous years, we have had
      to refuse bookings in the last week before the conference.

      The Provisional Brochure is here:
      http://www.libertarian.co.uk/conferences/conf10brochure.htm

      Book Recommendations

      Christian Michel, the European Director of the Libertarian Alliance and
      President of the Libertarian International, has published two books
      through the Hampden Press These are:

      Bricks of Freedom (in English)
      Christian Michel
      First edition, July 2010, 411pp
      Euro10/£10/$20/
      http://www.seangabb.talktalk.net/hampdenpress/bricks.htm

      Vivre Ensemble (in French)
      Christian Michel
      First edition, July 2010, 367pp
      Euro10/£10/$20/
      http://www.seangabb.talktalk.net/hampdenpress/vivre.htm

      Both books are highly recommended.

      Secrets About Money That Put You At Risk (Paperback)
      by Michael J. McKay
      £8.95/$12.95
      From Amazon at http://tinyurl.com/36fkxvh

      Richard Blake
      Blood of Alexandria
      "The greatest novel of its kind ever written!!!!!"
      £19.99
      From Amazon at http://tinyurl.com/356mwdr

      Though the hardback has now sold out, Mr Blake would ask you to order even
      so, as this may prompt Hodder & Stoughton to go for a reprint instead of
      diverting the export paperback. The mass market paperback will be
      available at Christmas. But why not try for a hardback copy NOW of this
      flawless masterpiece of libertarian historical fiction?

      Best wishes,

      Sean

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb
      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://www.richardblake.org.uk/
      http://www.facebook.com/sean.gabb
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph); "Blood of Alexandria" <http://tinyurl.com/356mwdr>. "Sword of
      Damascus" will be published in June 2011. Buy them for your own enjoyment.
      Buy them as presents for your friends and loved ones.