Sean Gabb - Bodrum Speech

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2010
      Free Life Commentary,
      A Personal View from
      The Director of the Libertarian Alliance
      Issue Number 194
      15th June 2010

      Chamberlain, Churchill and World War II:
      Reflections on Factual and Counterfactual History.
      A Speech to the 2010 Conference of the
      Property and Freedom Society
      by Sean Gabb

      Note

      This is not actually the speech that I gave in Bodrum. That was a shorter
      affair and was given without this text in front of me. I am not very good
      at reading from a text. It makes my voice even flatter and duller than it
      naturally is. Even so, I do find it useful to have something written in
      advance. This allows me to get straight in my head what I want to say, and
      parts of the structure and wording stay in my head. It is also useful to
      have as proof that what I am saying has not been made up on the spur of
      the moment. Therefore, the video to which I link is somewhat different
      from this slab of text, and may be worth watching in its own right.

      I am, by the way, converting and uploading videos of all the speeches from
      this most remarkable of conferences. These will be made available through
      the Multimedia page on the Libertarian Alliance Website....[More]

      Linking url: http://www.seangabb.co.uk/flcomm/flc194.htm
      Available for debate on LA Blog at http://wp.me/p29oR-3uI

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb

      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://www.richardblake.org.uk/
      http://www.facebook.com/sean.gabb
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph) "Blood of Alexandria" will be published in June 2010, "Sword of
      Damascus" in June 2011. Reserve your copies now on Amazon
      <http://tinyurl.com/yb4qvms>