Happy Christmas and Party Invite

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2009

      Here is my best effort at a Christmas card:

      http://www.seangabb.co.uk/christmas.htm

      Do try to have a happy one. Oh, and here's an invite from the Libertarian
      Alliance to our Christmas party:

      The Committee of the Libertarian Alliance requests
      the pleasure of your company at:

      Happy Capitalist Christmas 2009!
      The Libertarian Alliance Reception for the UK's Free Market Movement

      Tuesday 22 December 2009
      Drinks and Canapé Reception 6.00-8.00pm
      Cash Bar 8.00pm-9.30pm

      National Liberal Club
      One Whitehall Place
      London SW1A 2HE

      The dress code for this event is lounge suit or smart casual.
      RSVP Dr. Helen Evans at hsevans@...

      Do please bear in mind that, while admission is free to this most
      glittering of events, you need to register with Helen. No ticket = no
      entry - unless, that is, I have registered you already. I shall be there
      with my women, and I look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

      I am pleased to inform you that Mr Blake has a novel out in paperback in
      January. I will tell you more about this nearer the time. He has another
      new novel coming out in June 2010. I have seen the page proofs, and it
      seems to half as long as War and Peace. I assure you, however, that it is
      a sensitive exploration of land reform and mass-murder in late Byzantine
      Egypt. About a third of yet another novel is already finished. This will
      be about the use of Greek Fire to keep the Arabs from taking
      Constantinople in 678.

      On Mr Blake's behalf, let me say that every libertarian and conservative
      on this List should feel under an obligation to buy at leat ten copies of
      each novel. You can find the details at the foot of this message. Mr
      Blake, I assure you, is an artist of great diffidence and sensitivity. If
      his royalty cheques fall below a certain sum, he is filled with self
      doubt - and even considers looking for a job. Please buy generously.

      Continuing on the same matter, is there anyone out there who knows a film
      producer? Failing that, a German or a Turkish publisher would be helpful.

      Here are some Christmas presents for those of who have nothing better to
      do than watching videos on the Internet:

      Sean Gabb, Libertarianism: Left or Right? http://www.vimeo.com/8084812

      Chris R. Tame, "If I were Prime Minister" 1996 http://www.vimeo.com/7619017

      Maggie's Militants: A Documentary Produced in 1987 by Tim Evans
      http://www.vimeo.com/7577063

      Chris R. Tame does "Wogan", 15th March 1989 http://www.vimeo.com/7519962

      That's all for now!

      Regards,

      Sean

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199
      Skype Username: seangabb

      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph)