Call to action - Get involved in a WINNABLE RACE

  • Norm Westwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Greetings Libertarian comrades!

      Do you crave liberty in your lifetime?  Here is your chance to make a difference.  I am trying to show by example how we can build our party from the bottom up.  I am on the path of success and want to keep the ball rolling.  Up to this point I have been able to accomplish everything myself, without help.  I realize that to progress any farther, I now MUST ASK FOR HELP.  In my hour of need, I call on you, my libertarian fellows.

      We have talked the talk long enough.  Now is the time to walk the walk.  I have made the commitment. I have laid the ground work.  We have worked on too many losing campaigns over the years.  I offer you a chance to participate in a WINNABLE RACE for a change.  This is a money bomb request.

      I am Norm Westwell.  I am the only elected libertarian in Southern California.  I am currently serving taxpayers as President of the Ocean View School District in Huntington Beach California.

      http://tinyurl.com/5gsvkb%c2%a0

      The OVSD is comprised of about 50,000 registered voters.  We operate 11 elementary schools and 4 middle schools, K-8 and operate with an annual budget of approximately $77 million.  I am now in my 3rd year of governance.  In 2008 I was re-elected, unopposed.

      I am now running an active WINNABLE campaign for a seat on the Huntington Beach City Council in November, 2010.  This will be my 5th run for this office.  Admittedly the first 4 campaigns were only paper campaigns, but over this time I gained experience, campaign materials such as a huge stockpile of signs and most of all I have gained an enormous amount of name recognition and a record to stand on.

      I already have printed seed materials, a Webmaster, a web site, a Director of Print Media, a Photographer, a Campaign Committee, and a Treasurer.

      The election in 2010 will have 4 ballot positions, 1 incumbent, and 3 open seats due to term limits.  It is anticipated that I will be the only non-incumbent holding a seat in public office.  I project I can win this election with only $50,000 due to my great name recognition, campaign signs already in hand, poor economy, and the huge amount of precinct walking and community activism I have done over the years and am currently doing.

      For example, Google my name, Norm Westwell and you will see I am very active.  I get things done.

      The City of Huntington Beach has a population of nearly 200,000 and is the 16th largest city in California.  Boards and Commissions are DIRECTLY appointed bye each Council member. Again, this is a WINNABLE race!

      I have already raised 1/10 of what I need to get elected.

      Not only will they not support me, the Police, Fire, and Municipal Employees will each spend tens of thousands of dollars to oppose me.  I already know this.  This is why I call for your help.  Are you a patriot?  Are you hungry for a win as I am?

      The bottom line is; I NEED YOUR HELP.  This is a WINNABLE race.  If each of us can contribute $25 I can win this thing and drag others up along with me.  Isn't this what we all want?  Isn't this what we all talk about doing; getting Libertarians into office?  Here is our big chance, our big opportunity like no other in recent memory.  Now is our chance to win a WINNABLE race, get a Libertarian elected into the 16th largest city in California.  I call on you to not turn you back on a active Libertarian in his hour of need.

      If you like my campaign, please give until it feels good.
      If you do not like my campaign, please give until it feels good.  ;-)

      My election campaign web site is:
      http://www.normwestwell4hbcc.com

      Please forward this to someone special.

      THANK YOU!!!