Who Should I Vote For?

  • Miss Reason
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Of all the irrational cliches out there, the one that irritates me the most is "The end doesn't justify the means." The truth is that only an END can justify a MEANS. All MEANS are neither good nor evil. What determines their goodness or badness is the END RESULT of the MEANS. If the END RESULT of a MEANS is good, then that MEANS is good.

      For example, killing a human being (MEANS) is neither good nor evil. If your END in killing a human being is to defend your own life (or that of others), then that MEANS is good. If your END in killing a human being is to seize their property, that makes the MEANS evil.
      Please add your comments on this subject to my blog at http://MissReason.blogspot.com