Only an END can justify a MEANS

  • miss.reason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      Of all the irrational cliches out there, the one that irritates me, a
      Libertarian, the most is "The end doesn't justify the means." The truth
      is that only an END can justify a MEANS. MEANS are neither good nor
      evil. What determines their goodness or badness is the END RESULT of the
      MEANS. If the END RESULT of a MEANS is good, then that MEANS is good.

      For example, killing a human being (MEANS) is neither good nor evil. If
      your END in killing a human being is to defend your own life (or that of
      others), then that MEANS is good. If your END in killing a human being
      is to seize their property, that makes the MEANS evil.

      Please add your comments on this subject to my blog at
      http://www.MissReason.blogspot.com <http://www.missreason.blogspot.com/>
      .