Kevin Carson - New LA Pamphlet on Contract Feudalism

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2008

      My last posting of the month.

      Regards,

      Sean

      Further Thoughts about "Contract Feudalism": A Response to Paul Marks
      Kevin Carson

      The Libertarian Alliance was kind enough, in 2006, to publish my pamphlet
      Contract Feudalism: A Critique of Employer Power over Employees.1 Since
      then, Paul Marks, a Conservative councillor on Kettering Borough Council,
      has taken the trouble to reply to it with a pamphlet of his own: A
      Critique of a Critique: An Examination of Kevin Carson's ‘Contract
      Feudalism'.2

      As grateful as I am for the attention, I hesitate to undertake a
      response. Mr Marks' effort has been lionized in the libertarian
      blogosphere. For example, Stephan Kinsella of Mises Blog calls it "a
      brilliant, solid, and interesting analysis" of my pamphlet,3 and Perry De
      Havilland of Samizdata praises Mr Marks for being "in splendid and
      splenic form."4 One of the commenters at Samizdata dismisses me as a
      "yapping Pomeranian" in comparison to Mr Marks' "English mastiff."
      Nevertheless, even though I take my life into my own hands in confronting
      this formidable mastiff, I feel I owe him some sort of response as a
      matter of courtesy....
      more at: http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/econn/econn109.pdf
      http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/econn/econn109.htm

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance
      Tel: 07956 472 199

      sean@... http://www.seangabb.co.uk
      http://www.libertarian.co.uk http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk/

      Download my new book - "Cultural Revolution, Culture War: How
      Conservatives Lost England, and How to Get It Back" -
      http://tinyurl.com/34e2o3