Sean Gabb on Identity Cards - Also "Ask Gordon"

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      Dear All,

      Two Announcements:

      1. Kensington NO2ID Presents a FREE MEETING 7th February 2008 at 7:30 pm
      at Westbourne Grove Church, Notting Hill, London, W11 2RW

      DR SEAN GABB will give the Libertarian view on ID Cards
      and GUY HERBERT of No2id will explain the no2id PLEDGE
      Discussion chaired by GEORGE EDWARDS

      Every one is welcome to come and take part.

      2. The "Kent on Sunday" newspaper has arranged a question and answer
      session with Gordon Brown. Apparently, Mr Brown has promised to answer
      any questions the people of Kent may feel inclined to ask by sending
      e-mails to Jamie.mcginnes@....

      If you want to ask a question, you need to live in Kent, and you need to
      prove this by giving your address. You also need, for some reason, to
      give your age.

      If, however, you are able to meet these conditions, you might wish to
      consider asking a question similar to mine given below:

      Jamie.mcginnes@...

      Jamie McGinnes,
      Kent on Sunday

      Dear Mr McGinnes,

      I have just read your article on the front page of the latest issue of
      "Kent on Sunday", in which you say that Gordon Brown is inviting ordinary
      readers to submit questions for him to answer. He says: "I look forward
      to reading and responding to the points you raise."

      This is very exciting, as I have never had the opportunity before to
      question a Prime Minister. It is surely a proud moment for our democracy.

      Aged 48, I am an ordinary person. I live in Deal, which is part of the
      area you cover. You can see my full address at the foot of my message.

      Here is my question for Mr Brown:

      "Before the last election, the Government in which you were the second
      most senior member promised us a referendum before seeking to ratify a
      European Constitution. The Treaty of Lisbon is, according to other
      European heads of government, between 90 and 98 per cent identical to
      that Constitution. Why, then, are you now denying us our referendum?"

      I am sure many other readers are asking this question. I look forward to
      your putting it or something very like it to Mr Brown..

      Best regards,

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance
      Tel: 07956 472 199

      sean@... http://www.seangabb.co.uk
      http://www.libertarian.co.uk http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk/

      Download my new book - "Cultural Revolution, Culture War: How
      Conservatives Lost England, and How to Get It Back" -
      http://tinyurl.com/34e2o3