OPINION RELEASE: Excellent Pro-gun Bill To Be Introduced In Congress

  • We The People Constitutional Activism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006

      We the People Scoop 06/01/06

      WE THE PEOPLE SCOOP - TO EXPOSE!
      ** Visit the website: http://www.stanley2002.org
      ** OR Our NEW Offshore Site at http://www.wtpconstitutionalactivism.org
      ** Like the Scoop? Forward it to everyone you know!

      OPINION RELEASE: Excellent Pro-gun Bill To Be Introduced In Congress

      From: "Gun Owners of America"
      Subject: Excellent Pro-gun Bill To Be Introduced In Congress
> [...]
      > >commercial carriers, thus subjecting them to being lost, damaged or
      > >stolen.
      > >
      > >To counteract this, Rep. Renzi is set to introduce the Firearm
      > >Transfer Improvement Act in the next few days. Renzi says that
      > >because gun dealers must comply with the laws of two different states
      > >in addition to federal law, these regulations are both "redundant and
      > >costly." It is bad enough that the national government has created
      > >an unconstitutional federal background check system, but we still
      > >have this 1968 interstate ban left over.
      > >
      > >"My legislation simply states that federal law and the law of the
      > >state of the seller must be complied with for all firearms sales,"
      > >Renzi said. "It also applies the same rules to rifles and shotguns,
      > >which are currently handled differently than handguns."
      > >
      > >In other words, the Renzi bill will allow you to travel out-of-state
      > >to purchase firearms in a way that you have not been able to do since
      > >1968. Imagine that you live in Virginia and you are traveling to
      > >Missouri for Christmas. You stop at a gun show in West Virginia to
      > >buy your mom and dad a matched pair of commemorative Colt .45s.
      > >
      > >Had you made the purchase in your home state, you could only have
      > >done so after a lengthy process, as Virginia has an ill-advised
      > >one-handgun-a-month law. But since you are making the purchase in
      > >West Virginia, you simply have to comply with the laws in the
      > >SELLER'S state (under the language in the Renzi bill). Hence,
      > >assuming you are not a prohibited person, you can buy the guns from
      > >the dealer, continue traveling to the state of your destination with
      > >your new purchases and enjoy Christmas with your family. (No
      > >shipping costs or waiting periods apply!)
      > >
      > >ACTION: Please urge your congressman to become an original cosponsor
      > >of the Renzi bill. This bill still does not have a number, but you
      > >can refer to it as the Firearm Transfer Improvement Act.
      > >
      > >To identify your Representative, as well as to send a message via
      > >e-mail, see the Legislative Action Center at
      > >http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm on the GOA website.
      > >
      > >----- Pre-written letter -----
      > >
      > >Dear Representative:
      > >
      > >Please become an original cosponsor of the Firearm Transfer
      > >Improvement Act, which is being introduced by Rep. Rick Renzi.
      > >
      > >As gun control laws have been added piecemeal over the years, it has
      > >forced gun owners to deal with conflicting and redundant
      > >requirements. Furthermore, the interstate requirements for buying a
      > >gun have needlessly forced gun dealers to ship firearms via
      > >commercial carriers, thus subjecting them to being lost, damaged or
      > >stolen. As a member of Gun Owners of America, I am very concerned
      > >about this.
      > >
      > >The Firearm Transfer Improvement Act would streamline these
      > >requirements and help protect the rights of gun owners. Please call
      > >the Renzi office and become an original cosponsor. Thank you.

      Disclaimer: Information shared in the Stanley Scoop is not necessarily
      the opinion of the editor or staff. It is shared for information
      purposes only and it is recommended that you come to your own conclusions.
      http://www.stanley2002.org
      http://www.wtpconstitutionalactivism.org

      On Truth Radio Network
      to listen, click here: http://www.truthradio.com

      Also check out The Revolutionary Coalition!
      This group is working to unite all third parties that defend the
      constitution, independents, and non-voters (making up 60% of
      Americans) into one SUPER THIRD PARTY!

      On Yahoo groups at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRevolutionaryCoalition

      This group has a single line platform: "To defend our (Natural)
      God-given, unalienable, Constitutionally protected and guaranteed
      rights."

      Subscribe by sending email to:
      therevolutionarycoalition-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To subscribe to the We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
      send a message to subscribe@...

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
      send a message to unsubscribe@...

      All other changes for personal attention, such as changing your email address, send to
      webmaster@...

      newsletter@... is usually ignored....