MEDIA RELEASE: Fredericton considers video surveillance

  • We The People Constitutional Activism
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2005
      Phone: 303-329-0481
      E-mail: rick@...

      We the People Scoop 10/29/05

      WE THE PEOPLE SCOOP - TO EXPOSE! **
      ** Visit the website: http://www.stanley2002.org **
      ** OR Our NEW Offshore Host at www.wtpconstitutionalactivism.org **
      ** Like the Scoop? Forward it to everyone you know! **
      ** **
      ** SPECIAL NOTICE: Many of our readers know that the scooplist has **
      ** been down for just over a month. We have been given no answers **
      ** by our previous hosts, so obviously we were taken down by the **
      ** Powers That Be (PTB) that do not what to see this kind of info **
      ** coming out. Hence, we have moved our newsletter and will mirror **
      ** the Stanley2002.org website to offshore servers where they **
      ** cannot be tampered with. The new mirrored site will be at: **
      ** http://wtpconstitutionalactivism.org **

      MEDIA RELEASE: Fredericton considers video surveillance

      STANLEY NOTE: Unfortunately, Fredericton is one of the last places where 1984
      hasn't already been installed. Welcome to our mutual nightmare which continues
      in the POLICE STATE OF AMERICA...

      Subject: Fredericton considers video surveillance

      http://nb.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=nb-cameras20050613

      Fredericton considers video surveillance
      Last updated Jun 13 2005 09:33 AM ADT
      CBC News zzz
      FREDERICTON - A Fredericton lawyer says a proposal to put a video
      surveillance camera in the heart of the city's bar district is like a page
      out of 1984, George Orwell's famous novel about a police state.

      The city's public safety committee is considering the move to reduce the
      amount of fighting and vandalism in the Tannery Section of King Street.

      But defence attorney Danny Watters says putting a police camera in a public
      place is an attack on personal privacy.

      "It smacks of that novel 1984," Watters said.

      "Anyone that's read that novel should have a little trickle going up their
      back . because the next thing you know, people with uniforms and guns are
      spying in your window. It's just the thin wedge of the start."

      If a camera proves to be an effective crime deterrent in the Tannery area,
      Watters says police will want to set up video surveillance all over the city.

      "Once you give authorities the right to spy on you there, then they'll go
      to the next neighbourhood and the next neighbourhood," Watters said.

      "I don't think the government, the city or anybody else would have the
      right to watch its citizens while they are going about their private business."

      Watters also says the bar patrons would soon learn that they were being
      watched - and simply cause trouble somewhere else.

      But the camera proposal is getting better reviews from some downtown
      residents, who say they've lost hours of sleep from all the fighting,
      screaming and other bad behaviour in the bar district.

      Anne Stapleton says a camera would at least provide a clear picture of all
      the problems in the area, especially at closing time.

      "If nothing else it informs people about just how chaotic it is out there,"
      she said.

      The Public Safety Committee is expected to make a decision about video
      surveillance later this month.

      The chair, Bruce Granby, refused to comment on the issue.

      Disclaimer: Information shared in the Stanley Scoop is not
      necessarily the opinion of the editor or staff. It is shared
      for information purposes only and it is recommended that you
      come to your own conclusions.
      http://www.stanley2002.org

      On Truth Radio Network
      to listen, click here: http://www.truthradio.com

      Also check out The Revolutionary Coalition!
      This group is working to unite all third parties (making up 60% of
      Americans) into one SUPER THIRD PARTY!

      On Yahoo groups at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRevolutionaryCoalition

      This group has a single line platform: "To defend our (Natural)
      God-given, unalienable, Constitutionally protected and guaranteed
      rights."

      Subscribe by sending email to:
      therevolutionarycoalition-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Also see our main website at:
      http://www.therevco.org

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Scoop,
      change your email address, or add an email address,
      please visit the automated list management at:
      or
      http://lists.stanley2002.org/mailman/listinfo/scooplist
      or for personal attention, please send a message to
      webmaster@... with the subject "unsubscribe" from the email
      address you received it at.
      scoop@... are usually ignored....

      http://www.wtpconstitutionalactivism.org

      On Truth Radio Network
      to listen, click here: http://www.truthradio.com

      Also check out The Revolutionary Coalition!
      This group is working to unite all third parties that defend the
      constitution, independents, and non-voters (making up 60% of
      Americans) into one SUPER THIRD PARTY!

      On Yahoo groups at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRevolutionaryCoalition

      This group has a single line platform: "To defend our (Natural)
      God-given, unalienable, Constitutionally protected and guaranteed
      rights."

      Subscribe by sending email to:
      therevolutionarycoalition-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Also see our main website at:
      http://www.therevco.org

      To subscribe to the We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
      send a message to subscribe@...

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
      send a message to unsubscribe@...

      All other changes for personal attention, such as changing your email address, send to
      webmaster@...

      newsletter@... is usually ignored....