[Scooplist] OPINION RELEASE: Common Sense: Beating the Blob

  • rick@stanley2002.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Phone: 303-329-0481
      E-mail: rick@...

      We the People Scoop 09/1/05

      WE THE PEOPLE SCOOP - TO EXPOSE! **
      ** Visit the website: http://www.stanley2002.org **
      ** Like the Scoop? Forward it to everyone you know! **

      OPINION RELEASE: Common Sense: Beating the Blob

      Beating the Blob
      06/06/2005

      Remember that old Steve McQueen movie, "The Blob"? Well, government
      is like the Blob. It grows and grows, gobbling up everything in its path.

      Truth is, our inability to control government growth is more
      frightening than any scary movie. The consequences can be disastrous for our
      pocketbooks and for our freedoms.

      Just as there was an antidote for the Blob, there is an antidote for
      ever-expanding government. It's called the Taxpayers Bill of Rights, or TABOR
      for short. Colorado voters put TABOR in place in 1992, and it has kept
      government spending from mushrooming out of control there while returning
      billions of tax dollars to the people.

      But now the legislature has placed Referendum C on this November's
      ballot, asking for a $3 billion dollar tax increase. Politicians of both major
      parties and a cabal of special interests will try to convince voters that
      government spending going up 7 percent is just not enough. I doubt that
      Colorado voters will fall for it.

      Meanwhile, other states have noticed TABOR's benefits. Ohio
      activists are petitioning to place a similar measure on their ballot this
      November. Unfortunately, in Nevada, Senate Joint Resolution 5, modeled after
      the Colorado Taxpayers Bill of Rights, was defeated.

      The Las Vegas Review-Journal editorialized that TABOR represents "a
      modest effort to handcuff the metastasizing Nevada bureaucracy at a time when
      lawmakers routinely approve budgets that increase state spending by more than
      20 percent every two years." The editorial went on to advise Nevadans to use
      the initiative to put it on the ballot.

      Good advice.

      This is Common Sense. I'm Paul Jacob.

      Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in Common Sense are Paul Jacob's
      and may not necessarily represent the position of Americans for Limited
      Government, Americans for Limited Government Foundation, U.S. Term Limits or
      the U.S. Term Limits Foundation. Paul's Common Sense commentaries are heard on
      radio stations nationwide and on the Internet.
      commonsense@...

      Links of Interest

      a.. LimitedGov.org
      a.. Common Sense Archives
      a.. Paul Jacob's Latest at Townhall.com
      a.. US Term Limits
      a.. Listen to this Common Sense

      Americans for Limited Government | 240 Waukegan Road | Suite 200 |
      Glenview | IL | 60025

      Disclaimer: Information shared in the Stanley Scoop is not
      necessarily the opinion of the editor or staff. It is shared
      for information purposes only and it is recommended that you
      come to your own conclusions.
      http://www.stanley2002.org

      On Truth Radio Network
      to listen, click here: http://www.truthradio.com

      Also check out The Revolutionary Coalition!
      This group is working to unite all third parties (making up 60% of
      Americans) into one SUPER THIRD PARTY!

      On Yahoo groups at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRevolutionaryCoalition

      This group has a single line platform: "To defend our (Natural)
      God-given, unalienable, Constitutionally protected and guaranteed
      rights."

      Subscribe by sending email to:
      therevolutionarycoalition-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Also see our main website at:
      http://www.therevco.org

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Scoop,
      change your email address, or add an email address,
      please visit the automated list management at:
      or
      http://lists.stanley2002.org/mailman/listinfo/scooplist
      or for personal attention, please send a message to
      webmaster@... with the subject "unsubscribe" from the email
      address you received it at.
      scoop@... are usually ignored....