[Scooplist] OPINION RELEASE: These Things I Believe

  • rick@stanley2002.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Phone: 303-329-0481
      E-mail: rick@...

      We the People Scoop 07/01/05 ** Special Edition **
      ** Visit the website: http://www.stanley2002.org **
      ** Like the Scoop? Forward it to everyone you know! **

      OPINION RELEASE: These Things I Believe

      "These things I believe:

      That government should butt out.
      That freedom is our most precious commodity and
      if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away.
      That individual freedom demands individual responsibility.
      That government is not a necessary good but an unavoidable evil.
      That the executive branch has grown too strong,
      the judicial branch too arrogant
      and the legislative branch too stupid.
      That political parties have become close to meaningless.
      That government should work to insure the rights of the individual,
      not plot to take them away.
      That government should provide for the national defense
      and work to insure domestic tranquillity.
      That foreign trade should be fair rather than free.
      That America should be wary of foreign entanglements.
      That the tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time
      with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
      That guns do more than protect us from criminals;
      more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government.
      That states are the bulwark of our freedom.
      That states should have the right to secede from the Union.
      That once a year we should hang someone in government
      as an example to his fellows."
      -- Lyn Nofziger
      [Franklyn C. Nofziger] Press Secretary for President Reagan
      Source: 11/9/99 issue of the Federalist Digest

      guest call in line: 1-800-433-1429
      to listen, click here: http://www.americanvoiceradio.com

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Scoop,
      change your email address, or add an email address,
      please visit the automated list management at:
      or for personal attention, please send a message to
      webmaster@... with the subject "unsubscribe" from the email
      address you received it at.
      scoop@... are usually ignored....

      Scooplist mailing list