[Scooplist] MEDIA RELEASE: Cracking the Code (Book) the full story....TheDOJ Folds]

  • rick@stanley2002.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Phone: 303-329-0481
      E-mail: rick@...

      We the People Scoop 04/05/05 ** Special Edition **
      WE THE PEOPLE SCOOP - TO EXPOSE! **
      ** Visit the website: http://www.stanley2002.org **
      ** Like the Scoop? Forward it to everyone you know! **

      MEDIA RELEASE: Cracking the Code (Book) the full story....TheDOJ Folds]

      Cracking the Code (Book) the full story....TheDOJ Folds]

      Some encouraging news, if you are not already aware of it.
      Gee.

      The DOJ Faces Reality, Even Though The IRS Won't:

      Two Cases Against Pete Hendrickson (an author of CRACKING THE CODE) are
      Dismissed!

      For the second and third time now, the U.S. Department of Justice has
      withdrawn its support from IRS efforts to suppress
      "http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm>
      'Cracking the Code- The Fascinating Truth About Taxation In America'.

      Earlier this week, U.S. attorneys representing the Department formally
      abandoned efforts
      to enforce two IRS summonses issued as part of a desperate effort by the
      agency to keep this transformational book out of the hands of the American
      public. Even though the IRS won't face the reality that it has no legal
      means to accomplish this goal, the DOJ hasn't any choice.

      The awkward reality that the IRS does face is that it has no legitimate
      dispute with the information in
      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm>Cracking the
      Code-...'. Indeed, the government has been routinely acknowledging the
      accuracy of that information for well over a year now in the most telling
      possible fashion, by responding to readers who act upon what they learn
      with http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/MoreVictories.htm> refunds of every
      penny withheld for federal taxes, including Social Security
      'contributions'; the cancellation of liens and levies; and the wiping of
      even decades-old 'liabilities' off the books. As these responses,
      though required by law, are inconvenient to the agency's primary objective
      (which is to maximize the revenue taken into the federal treasury, period)
      the IRS is engaged in a protracted effort to hamper, discourage, and, if
      possible, forcibly halt my distribution of the book and the posting of
      related information on my website,
      http://www.losthorizons.com>losthorizons.com. At the same time, the
      'service' has been seeking to secure the names of Americans who have
      purchased the book. Presumably, this is so these readers can be directly
      targeted with a scare campaign intended to intimidate them into not acting
      upon what they have learned-- because as noted above,
      once those readers HAVE acted, it's too late to thwart their lawful
      behavior and "close the barn door".

      In furtherance of these corrupt purposes, a year ago (March, 2004) the IRS
      issued a summons for the usual "everything, including a DNA sample" about
      me and the company that processes orders for my book, Lost Horizons, under
      the pretext of an "abusive tax shelter promotion investigation"
      http://www.losthorizons.com/IRSAbuse.htm>see more
      about that here). In June, the 'service' sought to enforce this summons
      through the district court. A month later, having been made aware of its
      true purpose, the U.S. Attorney for Eastern Michigan moved the court to
      dismiss the enforcement proceeding. After another
      two months during which the U.S. Attorney's post changed hands, the
      'service' came back for another bite at the apple, again seeking to enforce
      the same summons. In the meantime, the IRS had also issued a summons to
      PayPal, the company that handles charge sales for me, seeking a list of
      everyone who had bought a copy of
      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm Cracking the Code-...'
      by that method. I petitioned the federal district court in Sacramento to
      quash that summons, and the government filed in opposition.

      The DOJ, being accustomed to routine success against those targeted by the
      IRS, appears to have taken the legitimacy of the agency's case on faith to
      begin with. However, the department quickly came to understand that what
      it had been dragged into was anything but an ordinary situation. Whether
      for reasons of integrity or mere pragmatism, by December the department
      began asking for postponements, explaining that it needed time to try and
      reason with its client (the IRS). At the end of the second thirty-day
      postponement, attorneys for the department contacted my counsel at CIR,
      asking if I'd be willing to let both proceedings be dismissed without
      demanding costs.

      Realizing that as the information in
      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm>Cracking the Code-...'
      spreads, the government is going to need every penny it can legitimately
      retain to help ease its transition from a swollen, arrogant Leviathan back
      to its proper Constitutional stature without burning up the brakes, I was
      agreeable.

      This will not be the end of the IRS's efforts, of course. They'll try to
      prevent the derailment of the tax-and-spend gravy-train upon which
      Washington frolics until the bitter end. After all, the only alternative
      is to go out into the real world and find honest jobs. A pretext for
      another assault will quickly be contrived. At the same time, the
      inside-the-beltway crowd will scramble like madmen to either package up
      some marketable
      http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/thedojfolds.htmTaxReform.htm>tax reform"
      by which an alternative scheme can be fastened onto the people, or to
      fashion a new curtain behind which the old one can retreat once more into
      comforting darkness. But for the moment, the 'service' has been bumped back
      onto its behind.

      In the meantime, word spreads. Well over 250,000 documents
      chock-full-of-truth have been downloaded from
      http://www.losthorizons.com>losthorizons.com just in the last two months
      alone by Americans fed up with governments that have forgotten that WE are
      the lawmakers, and when we wrote the Constitutions that gave them life, we
      meant what we said. Thousands of copies of
      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm
      Cracking the Code-...' are in the hands of folks whose attitude toward
      book-burners is other than timidly cooperative; dozens of copies are in
      libraries across America; the book is even being read in Eastern Europe.
      It's a tiny start, in light of the magnitude of the task-- but today, at
      least, it's free to grow unhindered.

      -Pete Hendrickson

      P. S. The pragmatism that has motivated the DOJ in these matters may well
      involve nothing more than the certainty that it cannot prevail legally-- a
      consideration of only peripheral significance to the IRS, which finds its
      own purposes served simply by burdening me with the need to deal with these
      assaults. However, it is also possible that
      the "reasoning" the DOJ undertook with the IRS was to point out that to
      proceed with these legal actions had more downside than upside even from
      the perspective of the 'service' itself, due to the potential publicity for
      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm Cracking the Code-...'.
      hope that those reading these words who are not comfortable with the idea
      of an agency of OUR government spending OUR money to suppress speech it
      finds inconvenient will help thwart that likely motivation by raising their
      own voices.

      http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/thedojfolds.htm../BulletinBoard.htm>The
      Bulletin Board

      http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/thedojfolds.htm../Forum.htm>The Lost
      Horizons Forum

      http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm#ReaderComments>What
      readers say about 'Cracking the Code-...'

      http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/thedojfolds.htm../Cracking_the_Code.htmCrack
      the Code

      Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
      Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34.

      http://www.stanley2002.org
      guest call in line: 1-800-433-1429
      to listen, click here: http://www.americanvoiceradio.com

      If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Scoop,
      change your email address, or add an email address,
      please visit the automated list management at:
      or
      http://lists.stanley2002.org/mailman/listinfo/scooplist
      or for personal attention, please send a message to
      webmaster@... with the subject "unsubscribe" from the email
      address you received it at.
      scoop@... are usually ignored....