ThurAM: Austin Liberty vs 'Patriot' Act(s)

  • Terry L Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2003
      Your Freedom is Under Fire and You Can Make a Difference --
      at http://www.bordc.org/

      Regardless of having just been elected, re-elected or in mid-term, anyone who has campaigned for public office must never be allowed to tire of their essential public responsibility....

      AustinEXAMPLE: Support the City Council Resolution on the Patriot Act!

      Current Law:

      The USA Patriot Act gave the government expanded power to invade our privacy and to punish dissent. Local public officials have a distinct role in deciding how local government will respond to the Act, especially how it will spend local tax dollars. Not only is this the Austin City Council's business - it's their elected public duty!

      Local public officials have a duty to defend the Bill of Rights, which is an integral & essential part of the United States Constitution that they swore to uphold upon starting their terms of service http://www.constitution.org

      The Resolution Will Help Protect the Constitutional Rights of Austinites!

      Council will decide on August 14, 2003, whether to pass a resolution which will:

      · Place warning signs in our public libraries so that citizens are fully informed of the federal government's ability to collect our library records.

      · Require reports to the City Council about actions that our city government is asked to take that would violate our rights.

      · Prohibit our police department from "domestic spying" - tracking and monitoring legitimate First Amendment activity.

      · Notify state and federal officials of the Resolution.

      Take Just a Minute to Urge the City Council to Keep Itself Informed, Give City Staff Guidance, and Protect Our Rights

      Tell them to vote FOR the Resolution Regarding the Patriot Act on August 14:

      974.2250 Mayor Will Wynn
      974.2255 Mayor Pro Tem Jackie Goodman
      974.2264 Council Member Raul Alvarez
      974.2258 Council Member Betty Dunkerley
      974.2256 Council Member Brewster McCracken
      974.2260 Council Member Daryl Slusher
      974.2266 Council Member Danny Thomas

      The Resolution Regarding the Patriot Act will be heard:

      August 14, 2003, beginning at 10:00 a.m..

      All members of the public are always invited to attend Council sessions - please come by and speak, or sign a card in person.

      Remember: Ignore your rights and they'll go away.

      Place: Lower Colorado River Authority, Hancock Building, Board Room
      Address: 3700 Lake Austin Boulevard
      Austin, TX 78703

      http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/events/city_calendar.cfm?action=EventDetail&event_id=5561&startdate=8/14/2003

      Meetings via Cable & InterNet TV by scrolling down
      at http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/council/default.htm

      City of Austin TX Resolution Regarding the Patriot Act
      at http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/agenda/2003/downloads/081403028.pdf

      AUSTIN SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS

      Austin Bill of Rights Defense Committee
      ACLU Central Texas Chapter
      American Friends Service Committee, Texas/Ark./Oklahoma
      Austin Against War
      Austin Campus Antiwar Network
      Austin Center for Peace and Justice
      Austin Chapter, American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee
      Austin Chapter of the NAACP
      Austin Gray Panthers
      Austin Democracy Coalition
      Campus Coalition for Peace and Justice
      Citizens Organized to Defend Austin
      City Of Austin Human Rights Commission
      PODER
      Political Asylum Project of Austin
      Travis County Green Party
      Travis County Libertarian Party
      Veterans for Peace Austin Chapter

      STATE SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS

      ACLU of Texas
      Peace Action Texas
      POIEMA A Presbyterian Commuity
      Public Citizen, Texas Office
      Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas
      Texans for Public Justice
      Texas Civil Rights Project

      Anti 'Patriot' Acts TV with Austin Mayor ProTem Jackie Goodman
      & unscreened audience call-ins hosted by Terry Liberty Parker
      MoreInfoAt http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LibertyProspects/message/1523
      PlaybackAt http://txliberty.dyndns.org/inetpub/wwwroot/webfiles/LL030405.rm

      Patriot Acts vs Liberty in the heart of Texas
      Austin/Houston area (dstr 14) US Rep Ron Paul (R) on 'Patriot' Acts
      at a packed University of Texas Law School Auditorium in Austin on Feb 17, 2003;
      sponsored by ACLU, Libertarians & Republican Liberty Caucus.
      Find WindowsMedia playback on-line by scrolling down
      at http://www.rlctexas.org/events/2003_02_17_result.htm

      Live&LetLive.1989.12.09
      Downtown Austin Main Library is named for John Henry Faulk,
      local nationally famous colorful 'Bill of Rights' advocate
      InfoAt http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/library/lbfaulk.htm
      His last interview before he died is here! (Stream: 30 minutes duration)
      PlaybackAt http://txliberty.dyndns.org/Inetpub/wwwroot/Webfiles/LLFaulk.wmv

      Above were found in the growing collection of Liberty InterNet TV
      at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LibertyProspects/links/

      Americans must be FOR a brave love of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; as it triumphs over the tyranny of fear!

      -Terry Liberty Parker
      AustinVoiceMail 462.1776

      In Austin Texas every Sunday 6:30pm to ?
      I host informal discussion to which all are welcome
      who want to consider ideas & issues of political liberty
      in Hickory St Grill at 8th St & Congress Ave
      MyPicAt http://profiles.yahoo.com/txliberty
      http://www.publicconversations.org/