YOU on Bill ofRights defense TV this Saturday 8-9pm cdt

  • Terry L Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Bill of Rights defended by phone company!

      How do you feel about, and what do you think of, the 4th amendment to the US Constitution being defended by a private company against govt intrusions that are spurred by a questionable assertion of 'property rights' -TLP

      SBC Communications has joined a battle with the recording industry in a lawsuit that questions the constitutionality of the industry's effort to track online music swappers.
      "The action taken by SBC Internet Services is intended to protect the privacy of our customers," said an SBC spokesman.
      In the complaint, Pac Bell maintains it acts only as a "passive conduit" for the activity of its subscribers and "does not initiate or direct the transmission of those files and has no control over their content or destination." The recording industry disagreed.

      MoreAt http://wired.com/news/business/0,1367,59844,00.html

      I'm hosting a public affairs call-in show (472CALL; 1.512.472.2255) this Saturday 8-9pm (cdt) on Austin Cable TV 10; with audio/video also via internet thru Windows Media Player on a few seconds delay (in player NOT browser) at http://txliberty.dyndns.org:8080

      This will be a Bill of Rights defense show like the one that I hosted this past April 5th with Austin Councilmember Jackie Goodman as a guest.

      Here's an on-line example of some past telecasts in this 15 year series:

      Downtown Austin Main Library is named for John Henry Faulk,
      local nationally famous colorful 'Bill of Rights' advocate
      InfoAt http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/library/lbfaulk.htm
      His last interview before he died is here! (30 minutes duration)
      WindowsMediaPlayBackAt http://txliberty.dyndns.org/Inetpub/wwwroot/Webfiles/LLFaulk.wmv

      Anti 'Patriot' Acts TV with Austin Mayor ProTem Jackie Goodman
      & unscreened audience call-ins hosted by Terry Liberty Parker
      MoreInfoAt http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LibertyProspects/message/1523
      RealMediaAt http://txliberty.dyndns.org/inetpub/wwwroot/webfiles/LL030405.rm

      From the growing on-line collection of Liberty InterNet TV
      at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LibertyProspects/links

      USA Bill of Rights Defense Committee http://www.bordc.org

      A resolution by local govt to resist being used as a tool for violating the Bill of Rights is an entirely appropriate affirmation of official willingness to live up to the responsibilities of our times. During these trials (and the ones to come), it is a formal confirmation that those elected by the community are pledging to be as worthy as the citizens who have put them there.

      We must be FOR a brave love of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; as it triumphs over the tyranny of fear!

      Please contact me or otherwise participate....

      -Terry Libert Parker
      AustinVoiceMail 462.1776
      SeriesInfoAt http://www.austinliberty.org/lptv.html