ACLU Conference and Mailing List

  • morecommonsense
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2003
      [forwarded message]

      1) ACLU's Inaugural Membership Conference

      Liberty is under serious attack in America. Get the inside take on
      what's happening and what you can do about it. Join ACLU members
      from around the nation in Washington, D.C. on June 11-15 for the
      ACLU's Membership Conference.

      ACLU members and supporters from across America will spend four days
      immersed in civil liberties workshops and involved in the democratic
      process, as we lobby on Capitol Hill and meet with Administration
      leaders and policy makers.

      Learn the latest details about government surveillance, immigrant
      rights, racial profiling, and assault on the First Amendment plus
      much more.

      Honor Muhammad Ali when he accepts a special ACLU Champion of
      Liberty Award.

      Special bus transportation can be arranged from several cities,
      and "Next Generation" discounts (ages 16 to 27) are available.

      For further information and to register visit
      http://www.aclu.org
      or contact
      mem_conf@...
      212 549-2561 (phone)
      212-549-2580 (fax)

      2) ACLU's Action Network

      Once a week we send out an email that highlights a pressing
      legislative issue and provides our free fax utility so people can
      communicate their concerns to Congress. You can join the mailing
      list at
      http://www.aclu.org/team/member.cfm
      or find out more at
      http://www.aclu.org/action