The Synthesist

  • listening
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      ...in the course of the last century science has become so dizzy with
      its successes, that it has forgotten to ask the pertinent questions- or
      refused to ask them under the pretext that they are meaningless, and in
      any case not the scientists concern.

      -- Arthur Koestler (1905-1983)

      Fundamental progress has to do with the reinterpretation of basic ideas.

      -- Alfred North Whitehead (1861-1947)

      When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each
      other.

      -- Eric Hoffer (1902-83)

      ...this is the fusion of science and spirituality. It is Synthesism.

      To learn more about the book DISCIPLINE, visit WWW.THE-ENTIRETY.COM.
    • listening
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
        Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

        -- Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

        Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

        -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

        Nature abhors a moron.

        -- H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
          One of the great attractions of patriotism -- it fulfills our worst
          wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully
          and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are
          profoundly virtuous.
          Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

          Value is not intrinsic; it is not in things. It is within us; it is the
          way in which man reacts to the conditions of his environment.
          -- Ludwig von Mises (1881-1973)

          All rising to great place is by winding stair.
          -- Francis Bacon (1561-1626)