7961Many Thanks for a Successful Appeal

    Sep 11, 2013

      Libertarian Alliance Thanks
      Date: Tuesday the 10th September 2013
      Contact Details: Dr Sean Gabb
      07956 472 199, sean@...

      Dear All,

      I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my appeal of yesterday. I was astonished that, within less than a day, I'd raised enough money for the Libertarian Alliance to pay its Internet bill and to send out fifty copies of my book on free speech to various public and university libraries.

      If anyone still wishes to donate to us, please feel free to do so. Money is always useful. However, the purpose of the appeal has now been achieved. I will not send out another begging letter for a long time to come.

      Speaking generally, the Libertarian Alliance does everything rather well except raise money. We have a number of regular subscribers, and are very grateful for their long term generosity. But we make no consistent effort to go out hunting for donations. This is partly because we find asking for money embarrassing. It is also because we try not to need very much money to keep going. None of us gets paid. We have no premises. We screw our costs down to the minimum. This allows us to promote liberty exactly as we think it should be promoted.

      One of these days, the LA Executive Committee will sit down together and give serious consideration to how to raise enough funding to eclipse the Institute of Economic Affairs and the Adam Smith Institute combined, and without compromising our view of how things should be done. That may need to wait, though, until we have a new Director and Executive Committee. In the meantime, the present broken down and slightly touched Director and his merry crew once again send many thanks.

      Regards,

      Sean Gabb

      The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      director@... Tel: 07956 472 199

      Postal Address: Suite 35, 2 Lansdowne Row, London W1J 6HL, England

      Buy Sean Gabb's latest book,
      Freedom of Speech in England: Its Present State and Likely Prospects,
      or download it for free from here

      Subscribe to LA Blog

      RSS Feed RSS - Posts
      RSS Feed RSS - Comments