7873Various from the Libertarian Alliance
- Jun 23, 2011Dear All,
Here is a brief listing of what the Libertarian Alliance has done or made available in the past few weeks:
1. Here are most of the video files <http://www2.libertarian.co.uk/?q=node/350>for the Property and Freedom Society Conference in Turkey. In the next few weeks, I will add the three missing question and answer sessions. I will also write up my account of what was a most interesting and enjoyable event.
2. Here are most of the video files <http://vimeo.com/channels/207641> of the 2008 Libertarian Alliance conference in London. I did upload these at the time to Google Video, but the quality was dreadful. Vimeo is a much better service. Even so, the sound quality is not all that it should be. It was only after this conference that I went out and bought a video camera with an external microphone socket.
3. I haven't had time yet either to upload them all or to categorise them, but here are about half a dozen video files <http://www.vimeo.com/seangabb/videos>of the 2006 Libertarian Alliance conference in London. All that I said about sound quality for the 2008 conference is true for 2006.
4. Here is the last pamphlet by Richard Garner: Economic Notes 114, Anarchism and Anarcho-Capitalism (2011), by Richard Garner <http://www2.libertarian.co.uk/?q=node/361>
5. Here is my news release on the proposed ban on smoking in cars: Should Smoking be Banned in Cars? (2011), Sean Gabb <http://www2.libertarian.co.uk/?q=node/362> This will also give you a link to a discussion that I did on the BBC.
6. Richard Blake's novel Teror v Konštantínopole <http://www.richardblake.me.uk/node/50>will soon be published in Slovakia. The book launch will be attended by the leaders of the Slovak cultural and intellectual classes.
7. My own new book, Smoking, Class and the Legitimation of Power <http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/smoking-class-and-the-legitimisation-of-power/16111783>, is now available in hard copy via Lulu, but should be out in Kindle format in the next few days. I do plan to publish at least five new books between now and Christmas. Stand by for details.
8. The Libertarian Alliance has no corporate funding, and relised on the good will of ordinary donors. I hope you will agree that, for an organisation of four unplaid people, we manage a surprising impact on the British media. Please give us some money. It will let us pay more to our writers, and will help us to speed up the big improvement to our website - the draft of which is currently at www2.libertarian.co.uk <http://www2.libertarian.co.uk/>. You can donate by going here <http://www2.libertarian.co.uk/?q=node/220>. There are PayPal buttons to cover every mode of generosity. For those who enjoy signing cheques, there is even our postal address.
Love to all,
Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
sean@... <mailto:sean@...> Tel: 07956 472 199
Skype Username: seangabb
Postal Address: Suite 35, 2 Lansdowne Row, London W1J 6HL, England
Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz <http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz>
What would England and the world have been like in 1959 if there had been no Second World War? For one possible answer, read Sean Gabb's new novel "The Churchill Memorandum". If you like Bulldog Drummond and Biggles and the early James Bond, this will be right up your street: http://tinyurl.com/39lpade <http://tinyurl.com/39lpade>. Don't be frightened of the TinyURL - the original is just too long for a sig file.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic