7779Guido Fawkes to Speak at Libertarian Alliance Conference

    Oct 6, 2009
      NEWS RELEASE FROM THE LIBERTARIAN ALLIANCE
      In Association with the Libertarian International

      Release Date: Tuesday 6th October 2009
      Release Time: Immediate

      Contact Details:
      Dr Sean Gabb on 07956 472 199 or via sean@...

      For other contact and link details, see the foot of this message
      Release url: http://www.libertarian.co.uk/news/nr076.htm

      "GUIDO FAWKES TO SPEAK AT LIBERTARIAN ALLIANCE CONFERENCE"

      Guido Fawkes -aka Paul Staines, aka "the most feared man in British
      politics" - will give the after dinner speech at the Libertarian Alliance
      conference in London on the 24th October 2009. His subject will be "Get
      Your Skates on for Liberty".

      [Guido Fawkes is the Web name of Paul Staines. As founder of and chief
      contributor to Guido Fawkes' blog of plots, rumours & conspiracy, he has
      done more to subvert the Blair-Brown regime than the whole of the
      Conservative Party.]

      [The annual conference of the Libertarian Alliance will take place at the
      National Liberal Club in London on the 24th-25th October 2009. Click here
      for booking and other information:
      http://www.libertarian.co.uk/conferences/conf09brochure.htm%5d

      According to Sean Gabb, Director of the LA:

      "I have known Paul Staines since we met at a libertarian conference in
      October 1988. I knew from our first meeting that he was a man of
      outstanding abilities and have always respected his uncompromising
      libertarianism. We have over the years published a number of essays by
      him. These we list at the foot of this release. They are superbly written
      essays, and have been consistently among the most frequently accessed
      publications on our website.

      "We are honoured that he has agreed to give the after dinner speech at
      our conference. It will be the high point of the evening, and one of the
      high points of an already exciting conference."

      END OF COPY

      Note(s) to Editors

      Dr Sean Gabb is the Director of the Libertarian Alliance. His book,
      Cultural Revolution, Culture War: How Conservatives Lost England, and How
      to Get It Back, may be downloaded for free from
      http://tinyurl.com/34e2o3. It may also be bought. His other books are
      available from Hampden Press at http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk

      He can be contacted for further comment on 07956 472 199 or by email at
      sean@...

      Paul Staines has written the following for the Libertarian Alliance:

      Economic Notes 69. Paul Staines, The Benefits of Speculation: A Bond
      Market Vigilante Replies to Will Hutton's 'The State We're In', 1996, 4pp.
      ISBN: 1 85637 338 X
      <http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/econn/econn069.pdf>

      Foreign Policy Perspectives 18. Paul Staines, Human Rights and the
      Inevitability of Politics, 1990, 2pp.
      ISBN: 1 85637 001 1
      <http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/forep/forep018.pdf>

      Political Notes 055. Paul Staines, Acid House Parties Against the
      Lifestyle Police and the Safety Nazis, 1991, 4pp.
      ISBN: 1 85637 039 9
      <http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/polin/polin055.pdf>

      Director, The Libertarian Alliance (Carbon Positive since 1979)
      sean@... Tel: 07956 472 199 Skype Username: seangabb

      http://www.hampdenpress.co.uk
      http://vimeo.com/seangabb

      Wikipedia Entry: http://tinyurl.com/23jvoz

      Buy these novels by Richard Blake: "Conspiracies of Rome"
      <http://tinyurl.com/l8uj8r> ("Fascinating to read, very well written, an
      intriguing plot" Derek Jacobi); "Terror of Constantinople"
      <http://tinyurl.com/n9ugw3> ("Nasty, fun and educational" The Daily
      Telegraph)