Emergency P.R. Amendment, 3 Jan 2002
- In case things degenerate, as in the case of Argentina, then some emergency
action may have to be taken to save Democracy ---
Art. ___, Sec. ___. (a) Democracy in Legislative Bodies Section.
(b) The People find that these election results are anti-democratic and
In the [date] election ____ percent of the voters elected [bare majority] of
____ [legislators] [in [name of legislative body]].
(c) In order to end such anti-democratic indirect minority rule the [Supreme
Court] shall immediately and randomly chose  Electors in [area] and fill
(d) The Electors shall meet within  days after their selection for not
more than  working days and shall have the rights, privileges and
immunities of members of the [legislative body] in their meeting.
(e) By a majority vote, they shall provide a constitutional amendment having
a proportional representation system in all [national, state/province] and
local legislative bodies in [area] such that ---
(1) all voters in each [national, state/province] or local area can be
represented in the legislative body (to provide both indirect majority rule
and minority representation);
(2) each voter has 1 effective vote transferred directly or indirectly to
his/her 1st choice or 2nd choice or 3rd choice, etc. of candidates;
(3)  or more persons are elected in each district;
(4) each legislator has a voting power in the legislative body equal to the
number of 1st choice plus transferred votes that he/she receives in being
(5) any other conforming changes are made (such as filling vacancies and
having recall elections).
(f) The constitutional amendment shall take effect for the next election
within  years of the various legislative bodies.
(g) This section shall take effect [date] after it is approved.