Fwd: Bruce Baechler in accident

  • freecali@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2000
      Greetings,

      I'm sending this message to a number of people with
      whom I've had contact about electoral system reform
      and the Libertarian Party.

      I'm sure that some of you have heard this news already,
      but I'm saddened to report that Bruce Baechler died on
      Saturday in an auto accident in Ohio, where he was
      working on an LP campaign. He was 49.

      Bruce was a real pleasure to know, and a fascinating,
      thoughtful individual. Two of his major passions were
      proportional representation and the Libertarian Party. He
      pushed hard for the LP to put proportional representation
      in its platform and to make it a part of LP activists' agenda.
      One way I'd like to honor him in the coming years is to make
      sure we succeed in that effort within the LP at its 2002
      national convention.

      - Rob Richie, Center for Voting and Democracy