A long overdue newsletter from the LH Store!

  • nlt7079
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2007

      Shoeboxes @ Home

      Earlier this year, the phenomenal fans of Marty Casey & Lovehammers contributed 974 shoeboxes for our men and women fighting overseas. These shoeboxes contained everything from toothpaste to beef jerkey, Q-tips to socks, and of course, a Marty Casey & Lovehammers CD in each one of these boxes. We are calling upon the fans again, to help contribute to another great cause. The campaign is a continuation of our previous one with the goal of helping the great men and women that put their lives on the line for us daily. Simply put, this is a campaign for our veterans here at home, hence the name Shoeboxes @ Home. We have all watched the evening news showing a heroes welcome when the soldiers return, but soon that attention passes. These soldiers come home to a place that they have been away from for months or years at a time. Even a healthy soldier can struggle with the transition of coming home to this great free country that is a stark contrast from the world they have been experiencing overseas. Acclimating themselves takes time and can be difficult. For the veterans that suffer from physical injuries, mental issues, or both, the reacclimation can be even more difficult.

      • As of January of 2007, more than 1.6 million U.S. Servicemen and women have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. There are more than 26 million veterans in the United States.
      • According to the USDVA, more than 200,000 veterans are homeless on any given night, and more than 500,000 will experience homelessness over the course of a year.
      • More than 300,000 veterans diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder received treatment from a VA facility.
      • Of the more than 250,000 Americans with spinal cord injuries, 42,000 are veterans.
      • A recent study of inpatients at VA facilities indicates that nearly 85% have annual incomes of less than $15,000.
      • The Miles Foundation reports that calls to their Domestic Violence Hotline for Military Spouses has increased from 50 to 500 per month since the start of the Iraq War.

      Seeing those numbers makes it hard to turn a blind eye and ignore the NEED for us to take a part in helping our veterans. As before with our previous Shoebox of Love campaign, we have outlined a step by step process for you to follow. Please follow the steps and guidelines we have formatted. As always, we will be here to help assist and answer any questions that may arise. Please spread the word of this great new campaign and of course, help SPREAD THE LOVE!

      In addition to our great campaign, we are offering great new Street Team Supplies!  Check out the new totes, aprons, and the very popular Trees postcard!  Stay tuned...more exciting Street Team Supplies to be added SOON!

      Thank you for all your support!
      Dino, Nancy, NLT, HY and Cherrytattoo