94 LexiLine Newsletter 2002 Biblical Chronology - Eclipses

  • Andis Kaulins <AKaulins@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10 1:06 PM
      94 LexiLine Newsletter 2002 Biblical Chronology - Eclipses

      Dear LexiLiners,

      I have found a new proof of the error of Biblical chronology.

      I have previously written about the error in Biblical Chronology and
      thus in all of classical Greek and Roman chronology as well.
      As I already have reported, the German dendrochronologist Ernst
      Hollstein showed in 1980 that the tree rings in Europe diverged ca.
      26 - 30 years from historical chronology.

      Similarly, unaware of Hollstein's work, Mitchell similarly pointed
      out that a ca. 26 to 30-year difference is found in trying to
      reconcile the astronomy of Ptolemy with the Babylonian lists of
      kings.

      Thiele writes for example: "For many years Old Testament scholars
      have noticed that a total of 128 regnal years for the rulers of
      Judah from the accession of Athaliah to the end of Azariah ... was
      about a quarter of a century in excess of the years of contemporary
      Assyria ...."

      In the Bible, Amos 8:9 says "'And on that day,' says the Lord
      God, 'I will make the Sun go down at noon and darken the earth in
      broad daylight.' This is the alleged 763 BC solar eclipse used by
      mainstream chronology to "mesh" Biblical and Assyrian chronology. It
      is wrong.

      This solar eclipse can not be the solar eclipse of June 15, 763 B.C.
      according to Starry Night Pro. There is NOTHING at all special about
      the June 15, 763 BC solar eclipse, which takes place early in the
      morning and not in the middle of the day, and on no special day.

      The eclipse of June 24, 791 BC on the other hand, IS SPECIAL. It
      takes place at the Summer Solstice during the afternoon, i.e. near
      the middle of the day and it takes place in terms of totality on a
      path near Cairo, Egypt.

      There is no doubt that the current mainstream use of the June 15,
      763 BC eclipse for this biblical date is wrong and that the eclipse
      of June 24, 791 BC is the right one. Biblical dating is off by ca.
      28 years at this point in history.