24 LexiLine Newsletter 2002 Peterborough Petroglyphs Deciphered

  • earlofeden12
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      24 LexiLine Newsletter 2002 Peterborough Petroglpyhs, Canada
      Deciphered

      Dear LexiLiners,

      I have finally been successful in deciphering the Peterborough
      Petroglyphs in entirety and have uploaded the decipherment as

      peterborough.tif - excellent quality picture
      and
      peterborough.gif - rather poor quality but less memory required and
      less download time

      to the LexiLine Files at the new folder for Canada.

      These petroglyphs are spectacular and contain an ancient map of the
      north of North America, surveyed by astronomy, and clearly showing
      the St. Lawrence Seaway, for example, as well as Chesapeake Bay and
      the Potomac.

      My rather rough drawing of the Peterborough Petroglyphs is based on
      a very large drawing found in the back map pocket of the The Sacred
      Art of the Algonkians: A Study of the Peterborough Petroglyphs by
      Joan M. Vastokas and Romas K. Vastokas, Mansard Press, P.O. Box 443,
      Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 6Z3, a book which cost me a
      fortune to buy used, but it was worth the Vastokas map of the glyphs.
      Of course, the Vastokas had no idea that the petroglpyhs were an
      ancient geodetic map surveyed by the stars - including the southern
      stars, and their analysis is confined to the normal ethnological
      remarks about signs and symbols, but the making of the map was a
      gargantuan task which the Vastokas did beautifully.

      Also spectacular at Peterborough is the presence of four signs on
      the glyph reading GNOMON and these four signs are the same as those
      found for the identical astronomical positon at Lewes, England. We
      thus have an absolutely certain connection of the Peterborough
      Petroglyphs to the megalithic peoples of Ancient Britain (and surely
      the Baltic and Scandinavia), so that I date this map to ca. 3117 BC,
      as all neolithic megalithic sites seem to stem from approximately
      that era.