20 Lexiline 2010 PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN ORIGINS 1: The Origin of Is "Is"

  • earlofeden12
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010

      20 Lexiline 2010 PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN ORIGINS 1: The Origin of Is "Is": The Concepts of Everything, All, Are, Is, I, Being, Self in Proto-Indo-European based on Bantu and Other Evidence

      This is crossposted from the Lingwhizt .

      This as -- The Origin of Is "Is" -- begins a series of postings titled PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN ORIGINS, suggesting how certain terms developed in proto-Indo-European.

      This series, depending on the words chosen, may in some cases or may not in many cases accept the hypothetical word roots assigned to terms by mainstream linguists, many of which are demonstrably false.

      Rather, new facts, especially in genetics, demand revision of outdated concepts that have concentrated on the languages of Western Europe, contrary to the actual genetic and archaeological record. Be sure to first read Principles of Historical Language Reconstruction (PHILANGRECON).

      The text of the above graphic, created with bubbl.us 2.0 beta, is:

      THE ORIGIN OF IS "IS" © 2010 by Andis Kaulins

      In proto-Indo-European, the "to be" concept of "is"

      and related terms are derived from a basic

      concept for "all that is" applied to "the self, the I".

      The conventional etymology for the English term "is" from the Online Etymological Dictionary is: "O.E. is, from Gmc. stem *es- (cf. O.H.G., Ger., Goth. ist, O.N. es, er), from PIE *es-ti- (cf. Skt. asti, Gk. esti, L. est, Lith. esti, O.C.S. jesti), from base *es- "to be." O.E. lost the final -t-."

      That etymology taken from mainstream sources does not hold water as an examination of the most archaic Indo-European languages, Latvian and Lithuanian, clearly proves, supported by the evidence of the Bantu words for "all" and "everything" in existence, i.e. the full ESSence of being. There was no original "T" at the end of what was ESSentially an ES- word.

      African Bantu (Bukusu) -esi "all"; (Asu) ósè "all, everything"; (Basa) so "all"; (Kinyamwezi) É"́sɛ̀ "all"; (Yao) kòòsè "all". The Yao form shows the term gutturalized whence Bantu ku "man", kau "young man". Compare kungs ("sir") and kundze ("lady") in Latvian. In English, the words "all" (All in German means "space"), "area", and "are" are related forms coming from the "be" form of "is", such as Latvian ir ("is") and ārā "outside", i.e. the outdoor space as extensions of self, whence Hittite arha "away (from)".

      es "I (the self)" in Latvian

      viss "all, everything" Latvian

      "I (the self)" Lithuanian

      esu "am" in Latvian (being as a self-extension)

      Ä"st  "to eat", i.e. selfing,

      German essen "to eat"

      Ä«st(s) "real, ex-ist-ing" in Latvian

      (m)Å«su "our", (m)Ä"s "we" in Latvian

      us in English

      is in English

      as in English

      ich "I"

      ik "I"

      in German

      and Nordic

      languages

      es "it" German

      ist "is" German

      ego "I" in Latin

      est "is" in Latin

      The widespread s-mobile prefix (the verbal prefix of "self-action", depending on language) as s-, š, z-, ž, sa-, ša si-, ši, su-, šu, aiz, iz-, uz- and variables.

      In Hittite, es- is a denominative for "to become what the base word means", i.e. as (like -(n)ess).