19 LexiLine Newsletter 2010 Maya GMT Calendar is Off

  • earlofeden12
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
      As reported at Archaeology Daily News :
      "Gerardo Aldana, associate professor at the Univ. of California at Santa Barbara, challenges the accepted Gregorian dates of all Classic Mayan historical events, including the end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it 2012 prophecies in Calendars and Years II: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World, the second in a series edited by John Steele, associate professor of Egyptology and Ancient West Asian Studies at Brown Univ."
      See Calendars and Years II at Amazon -- I have not read the book yet myself.

      I have written often before that the Maya calendric chronology as falsely interpreted by Maya scholars is off for the reasons identified by me here .

    • Maruta Voitkus-Lukins
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
        Thank you for the message re Maya GMT Calendar. Amazing.

        "Gerardo Aldana, associate professor at the Univ. of California at Santa Barbara, challenges the accepted Gregorian dates of all Classic Mayan historical events, including the end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it 2012 prophecies in Calendars and Years II: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World, the second in a series edited by John Steele, associate professor of Egyptology and Ancient West Asian Studies at Brown Univ."
        See Calendars and Years II at Amazon -- I have not read the book yet myself.

        I have written often before that the Maya calendric chronology as falsely interpreted by Maya scholars is off for the reasons identified by me here .

      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2010
          Very interesting indeed..
          This is a link to my work of 25 yrs study on this subject concerning the 364 day year. This diagram is from the book of Enoch chapter 71 concerning the revolution of the sun around the earth. First penned 5'500 yrs ago, 1000 yrs before the world wide flood of Noah according to biblical chronology and history.
          There are hidden links all over the page from articles that i've written and net sources...

          Daniel.